Author Topic: What do you prefer to wear to bed? and what do you actually wear?  (Read 23814 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: What do you prefer to wear to bed? and what do you actually wear?
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2022, 06:12:46 pm »
I am thinking of getting a warm nightgown.  Not a “romantic” style or fabric but simply soft cotton.
It will have a few buttons by the neck in the front and will be a pull down over your head gown.
Maybe a maxi length, but maybe shorter.

Do any of you like that style and wear it?

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2022, 07:30:13 pm »
https://carolehochman.com/
I have a collection of their nightgowns and robes.

Offline big kim

« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2022, 09:49:53 pm »
It's getting cold now in lancashire. I wear a long sleeved T shirt, undies & socks for bed & my hot water bottle

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2022, 02:22:41 am »
https://carolehochman.com/
I have a collection of their nightgowns and robes.

Thank you @Maid Marion

I was looking at some gowns by Eileen West but have not yet purchased.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2022, 02:53:07 pm »
Butt naked for me!
It's been years since I wore anything to bed.
Might be different this winter as the oil level in the tank runs low and it's the rong time of year for that! D:

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2022, 03:25:16 pm »
Nothin" from nothin' leaves nothin'!  >:-)

Seven years later I now own and wear a couple of Granny gowns, warm cotton jobs that go down a bit past my knees. Some mornings I wake up with it bunched up around my neck...not sure if I should blame my wild sleeping habits or my naughty wife.  :laugh: >:-)
Veteran, US Army

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2022, 03:44:47 pm »
Now that it is colder and winter weather here where I live,
I wear warm Flannel Pajamas and have my electric blanket turned on.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2022, 08:02:36 pm »
Now that it is colder and winter weather here where I live,
I wear warm Flannel Pajamas and have my electric blanket turned on.
Danielle,

It is good to stay warm and cozy!

Chrissy
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:34:03 pm by Northern Star Girl »

« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2022, 09:40:39 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
It has gotten very cold the last few days.... tonight and next week, mostly temperatures
near or BELOW ZERO (f)

Tonight I have put an extra heavy comforter blanket on my bed and I may
star wearing some "light weight" sweat pants and hoodie sweatshirt to bed,
and if it gets really cold I sometimes wear my lightweight wool socks to bed.

I like being warm and cozy!!!

Danielle

Danielle

It is good to stay warm and cozy!

Chrissy
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2022, 04:02:19 pm »
I may order a nightgown this weekend. 

Chrissy

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2022, 04:20:44 pm »
I may order a nightgown this weekend. 

Chrissy

You go girl!  What sort?  Sexy, warm, comfy something else?

Offline Ms. Grey

« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2022, 12:29:37 am »
During the warmer months I wear camisoles. Colder season I wear a dress made from a ribbed cotton fabric that works as a night gown. I do not believe in spending a lot on nightwear. Pre transition I only ever wore a t-shirt.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2022, 06:16:02 am »
During the warmer months I wear camisoles. Colder season I wear a dress made from a ribbed cotton fabric that works as a night gown. I do not believe in spending a lot on nightwear. Pre transition I only ever wore a t-shirt.

Hello Ms. Grey, welcome to Susan's Place and the Forums!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I noticed this is your very first post at Susan's Place! We hope you will find this a safe and friendly place to share information and read about the experiences of others. Susan's Place can be an amazing resource for advice, support, and sympathetic friends. Please feel free to comment on posts, ask questions, or share parts of your life. Some of our members even create their own blogs to document their journeys.

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to introduce yourself and very briefly tell more members something about yourself!

We suggest that you read through our rules and other Terms of Service (TOS). Please review the links at the end of this message. The links include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features.  

Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to private messages, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me via email at Jessica_Rose@susans.org

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

Jessica Rose

Global Moderator

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2022, 07:38:07 pm »
You go girl!  What sort?  Sexy, warm, comfy something else?
@Rachel Montgomery

Rachel,

No, not sexy.  Just a nice flannel nightgown.  I did order it and it is warm and comfy.  So, another first for me for sleep wear.  It has a few buttons near the front neckline and it is long, going past my knees.

Another first is a bralette instead of a bra.  No hooks and it does enhance my shape.  I am very pleasantly surprised as I thought the pullover style might compress my breasts.  There are no wires or pads but it does have molded cups and a wide under the breast band.  Its shoulder straps run wider, sort of like those on many a tank top, for sure not like the thin shoulder straps of the bras I wear.  A new fav.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
What do you prefer to wear to bed? and what do you actually wear?
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2022, 03:57:05 pm »
Update

I am liking the full length nightgown.  It is not sexy really however it is very feminine and I do enjoy wearing it very much.  As I do not have that much experience with maxi dresses this full length gown caught me by surprise how loose it fits below the knees.  That is, there seems to be a lot of material there and it is flowy as I move around. 

As I curl up while sitting on the sofa, the extra material covers up my legs all over and I keep toasty warm while watching and hearing the flickering fireplace or cozying up to a good book.

I ordered another nightgown that I think will end just above the knees. 

These two gowns will get me through the colder months a bit warmer than long T-shirts but probably not any warmer than PJs.

Hugs,

Chrissy

@Northern Star Girl @Devlyn
@Maid Marion @Rachel Montgomery
@Caelanotkayla

« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2022, 04:06:39 pm »
Winter arrived long ago....
I wear lightweight sweats to bed...
...and I wear the hoodie if it gets really cold. 

minus -11 degrees(f) this morning... and snowing.

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2022, 04:10:38 pm »
Winter arrived long ago....
I wear lightweight sweats to bed...
...and I wear the hoodie if it gets really cold. 

minus -11 degrees(f) this morning... and snowing.

Danielle

Too cold for me!

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2022, 07:40:46 pm »
I bought some pajamas. The top is long enough to be worn by itself or with its matching pants.

Nice and warm but perhaps too roomy.  The extra material may be good when tossing and turning.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2022, 09:49:15 pm »
I bought some pajamas. The top is long enough to be worn by itself or with its matching pants.

Nice and warm but perhaps too roomy.  The extra material may be good when tossing and turning.

Chrissy

Although the PJs are nice and comfy and warm, I prefer the nightgown, which is also nice and comfy and warm.

Offline prudence

« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2022, 10:32:01 pm »
Always buck naked, no matter what the temperature. It's just more comfortable