Site News and Information > Community alerts

Dothan Murder Arrest

(1/2) > >>

Brenda:
Dothan Murder Arrest

A suspect in the shooting that left one man dead and another injured over the weekend is behind bars.

Police say 19-year-old Steven Antonio Kyles already confessed to slaying 30-year-old Alonzo Anthony Nickson aka “Ashley” a transvestite.

Read More

And a follow-up...

Kyles Stands Before Judge

Steven Antonio Kyles stood before Judge John Steensland and indicated that he did indeed fire his weapon at both victims, leaving one dead and the other wounded.

Kyles stook before the judge and said it was an accident.

He is now facing felony murder charges for shooting 30-year-old Alonza "Ashley" Nickson early Sunday morning and could also be charged with attempted murder for shooting the other wounded victim.

Read More

Yet another follow-up...

Kyles Bond

A ruling has been reversed, and bond has been set at $250,000 for a Dothan man accused of killing a cross-dresser earlier this month.

Read More

Unsolicited advice, avoid Dothan, Alabama.

Rose Dawson:
How can they let this guy out on bond? He's clearly admitted to murdering "Ashley"; may be charged with attempted murder on another individual and has a history of gun-related problems, all of which has been within the same month! :icon_raving:

What sort of message is the Court trying to tell us here? I've yet to understand some of the logic applied in criminal cases. :eusa_wall:

I, for one, am comforted to know that a self-proclaimed murderer with a history of gun problems is roaming about. I'll sleep better knowing he has a gun and can use it as his discretion.

michelle:
Must the National Rifle Association protect this idiot's right to bare arms.

All puns intended.

Leigh:
The NRA does defend the The second ammendment.

They also push for enforcement of the laws that are already on the books.

I would condemn the court system that allows criminals almost instant access to freedom rather than an organization that pushes for enforcement.

Rose Dawson:
And on a related note, the original article mentioned the fact that the suspect may not have been aware that "Ashley" was a man and when the suspect came to find out this (shocking) discovery, he may have went ballistic and shot her.

Since this is still speculation, I'll say this: First of all, I'm not saying that anyone deserves to be killed - as murder is a senseless act - but let's consider this:

If "Ashley" were to have told the suspect that indeed she was a man, would he have reacted this way? If "Ashley" was upfront from the beginning and not deceitful about this, could this all have been avoided?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version