General Discussions > Education

Recommendations of Trans Books for Trans People

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tristyn:

--- Quote from: purplewuggybird on December 14, 2015, 09:20:40 am ---I have a book on hold from the library right now that seemed like a possibly trans-oriented book. The sad thing is that a trans-oriented book is probably less likely to sell as a cis-oriented book. I will have to get back to you on my new read!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Hi Wuggy. :)

Yeah, I'd love to hear what you think about this book you are getting. I wonder if its the same title I had placed on hold. Is it titled Becoming Nicole; The Transformation of an American Family, by any chance? Just wonderin'?

purplewuggybird:
Actually no! I just looked it up from my library website, and it is "Some Assembly Required-- the not so secret life of a Transgender teen" by Arin Andrews.

There are 12 copies in my library system!! :D

gennee:

--- Quote from: purplewuggybird on December 14, 2015, 10:58:08 pm ---Actually no! I just looked it up from my library website, and it is "Some Assembly Required-- the not so secret life of a Transgender teen" by Arin Andrews.

--- End quote ---

I just finished reading this book. I enjoyed it and recommend it to young people.

:)

BeverlyAnn:
I'm in the middle of reading Trans Selves, Trans Lives and with what I've read so far, I would recommend it.  It's not written from a trans woman or a trans man point of view.  It's just written from a transgender point of view.

Tristyn:

--- Quote from: BeverlyAnn on December 14, 2015, 11:18:52 pm ---I'm in the middle of reading Trans Selves, Trans Lives and with what I've read so far, I would recommend it.  It's not written from a trans woman or a trans man point of view.  It's just written from a transgender point of view.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: gennee on December 14, 2015, 11:01:21 pm ---I just finished reading this book. I enjoyed it and recommend it to young people.

:)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: purplewuggybird on December 14, 2015, 10:58:08 pm ---Actually no! I just looked it up from my library website, and it is "Some Assembly Required-- the not so secret life of a Transgender teen" by Arin Andrews.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, ladies for these great reads!^^

Glad to see there are titles like this out there. But I am certain I will have no choice but to resort to Amazon's library if I am to ever obtain any of these. I wouldn't mind just borrowing from the library. However, their selection of titles on such a subject is so bad its laughable.

*I'm jealous of you right now, Wuggy.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version