General Discussions > Music

Guilty Pleasures?

(1/9) > >>

Matthew:
We all have guilty pleasures when it comes to music, and lately I've been wallowing in a pit of comforting music that I am ashamed to admit to enjoying to such an extent.

I'll post some of mine below, and I encourage people to do the same - we might even find more music to add to the guilty pleasure list :)

(Note: music discussed herein isn't necessarily bad music, it is just music that we enjoy secretly - as an example I would struggle to admit my love to Jeff Buckley to friends, being a metal head)

My usual music is typical metal, ranging through death metal to nu / hard rock. I also occasionally enjoy hip hop, but lately I've been feeling serious ABBA, Mamas & Papas and Gloria Gaynor vibes.

Elis:
I've recently started listening to ABBA too  :D. I've also started listening to Wannabe by the Spice Girls  and Staying Alive by the Bee Gees. Also La Vida Loca. No idea why  ::)

Katiepie:
I know a long time ago I was strictly modern rock, and metal.
My musical likes grew to classical, to jazz, big band, bluegrass, country.
More recently by watching the series Empire, I have grown an appreciation to hip hop and rap, even though 3 years ago I would go out of my way to change a song if it was rap lol.
My guilty pleasures in artists bands and such are Dixie Chicks, Miranda Lambert, Indila (French pop), and big bad voodoo daddy.

Kate <3

Kimberley Beauregard:
Oh, I love a bit of ABBA. Shameless cheesy pop.

I'd class a guilty pleasure as an objectively awful song I enjoy, so Joe Dolce's Shaddap You Face is one of those.

King Malachite:
I used to be a big heavy metal fan, but nowadays I mostly listen to video game/anime music.  However, the song below is one that I would consider a guilty pleasure of mine, and it's heavy metal (yet, still related to video game music, so it still qualifies, lol).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version