Author Topic: The Danish Girl transforms fascinating truths into tasteful, safe drama  (Read 566 times)

Offline stephaniec

• SPARTA Trans Veterans AKA Stephaniec ( Garbo ) Diabla
The Danish Girl transforms fascinating truths into tasteful, safe drama

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/13/the-danish-girl-transforms-fascinating-truths-into-tasteful-safe-drama

The Guardian/Alex von Tunzelmann Wednesday 13 January 2016 05.26 EST 

"The film begins in Copenhagen in 1926. Einar (Eddie Redmayne) is a successful artist and virile husband to fellow painter Gerda (Alicia Vikander). One day, a model is late. Gerda asks Einar to pose, wearing the silk stockings and glittery shoes of a dancer. This triggers a gender identity crisis, culminating in Einar becoming Lili. Can slipping on a pair of silk stockings make you transgender? No. The incident is drawn from Man into Woman, a memoir compiled from Lili’s diaries after her death by an editor, “Niels Hoyer” (really Ernst Ludwig Jacobson). In the memoir, it’s presented as part of a chain of events rather than the decisive moment in Einar’s transition to Lili – though it was, as in the film, the moment she received her new name."

Offline AnneK

I recently watched this movie.  I found it quite interesting and relevant, even if it wasn't 100% accurate.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.  I am exploring where I want to take things.

Tags: