General Discussions > Weight loss

1,000 Calories A Day Diet As Per My MD

(1/7) > >>

LostInTime:
OK, to start with you can bookmark this thread or here if you like.  From my blog:

Went to see my GP today and told her that my endoc put me on a low to no fat diet due to the LDL particle counts being high (urine test). She put me back on Wellbutrin, gave me some freebies again, and two prescriptions with a coupon. ("My family, is sick and you offer me COUPONS?!?!" OK, not a jerky boy fan? nevermind).

I managed to pack on 6 pounds in about a month so..................

I have been given a 1,000 calories a day diet that I have to follow. I will provide the link but anywhere there is a starch listed, cross it out and replace with one serving of any allowed food.

The Plan
The Diet Index-links to the list of foods, the plan, etc
The Starter Pack
The Exercise Program
Exercise Index Page-answers questions like how much is too much, calculating BMI, etc
Dieting Myths

Posted at: January 12, 2006, 12:39:54 PM15 pounds down so far and that was after deviating for a week and packing 4 more back on.

melissa_girl:
Hehe.  No wonder you call yourself "Lost" in time.  :)

Melissa

Sandi:

--- Quote ---Went to see my GP today and told her that my endoc put me on a low to no fat diet due to the LDL particle counts being high (urine test).
--- End quote ---

I don't know that cutting fat will lower your LDL because there's no connection whatsoever between cholesterol in food and cholesterol in blood. That is a myth that even some doctors endorse.

Also after age 50, the lower your cholesterol level is, the lower your life expectancy.

Recently the NIH did the most extensive study in history (nearly 49,000 women ages 50 to 79 who were followed for eight years) to find whether a low-fat diet reduces the risk of getting certain diseases. The findings by this study were that the low-fat diet has no effects.

I Wish you luck with the diet, but 1000 calories a day sounds a bit severe.

LostInTime:
I am doing fine.  have plenty of energy and am having a tough time eating as much as they suggest on this diet.  Energy levels are up, feeling better about myself.  Plus my clothes are fitting rather nicely.  No skeleton look or accelerated weight drop.  So far, so good.

The fat content was out of control.  I had been eating pizza mostly for lunch and dinner.  B'fast was McDs.  After doing that for awhile is when the LDL spiked upwards bu quite a bit.  I will post whether or not it returned to norm on the next test in a few months.

Lori:
Wow, 1000 a day ....I'm doing 1400 and its tough  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version