General Discussions > Philosophy

The Most Important Question

<< < (2/4) > >>

autumn08:
From the beginning of Albert Camus's essay, "An Absurd Reasoning;"

"There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest—whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories—comes afterwards."

Tessa James:
Lawyers are trained to not ask the questions they don't know the answer to.

I trust the most important question and answer as provided by Mr Camus does not suggest we find out by committing or considering suicide?

A tough and triggering topic in this club but worthy of our attention. ;)

autumn08:

--- Quote from: Tessa James on February 16, 2016, 05:21:06 pm ---Lawyers are trained to not ask the questions they don't know the answer to.

I trust the most important question and answer as provided by Mr Camus does not suggest we find out by committing or considering suicide?

A tough and triggering topic in this club but worthy of our attention. ;)

--- End quote ---

Camus advises us to accept our absurd condition of seeking meaning, in a meaningless world, and enjoy life anyway.

Dayta:
How may I be of service?

Paul Muad-Dib:
"Why am I still here?"

Personally I think the question that eternally haunts human beings is what the hell we're living for.

Because breathing, eating, sleeping, and so on and merely existing... just isn't enough for a human. We need more. So we invent reasons to keep breathing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version