Author Topic: Gender Marker Change in Georgia  (Read 2243 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Dale74

  • Visitor
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Reputation: +0/-0
Gender Marker Change in Georgia
« on: February 16, 2016, 07:10:12 pm »
Okay I have question
I understand that in the state of georgia that I can get my name changed to represent my identified gender.
I also understand that in order to get my gender marker changed I will have to have SRS and a certified letter.
My question is in the form of an example
Lets say I moved to California where I can get my gender marker changed with out SRS will I not be able to change it because I was born in Georgia. So will I have to deal the State of Georgia because I was born there are not.
Im wondering because im not sure if I want SRS or will even have the resources to get it. But I dont think I would like having M on my ID and documents escpecially when I present as Female.
Thanks  ??? ??? ::)

Offline Lady_Oracle

  • Family
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,231
  • Reputation: +13/-0
  • Gender: Female
Re: Gender Marker Change in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 07:35:42 pm »
GOOD NEWS YOU DONT NEED GRS! for the gender marker change on license. I live in Georgia and went through all of this last year.

ok so like just get an official letter from you doc. My doctor used this letter format


    I, Physician’s Full Name, Physician’s medical license or certificate number, Issuing U.S. State/Foreign Country of medical license/certificate, am the physician of Name of Patient, with whom I have a doctor/patient relationship and whom I have treated (or with whom I have a doctor/patient relationship and whose medical history I have reviewed and evaluated).

    Name of Patient has had appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition to the new gender (specify new gender male or female).

    I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the foregoing is true and correct.

    Signature of Physician
    Typed Name

and no if you were to move to California, you would just go through their system for the changes. It wouldn't matter if you were born here or not, at least for the license.

If you're talking about the birth certificate. Then yeah you have to return to your birth state to get things sorted I think. 

Offline Dale74

  • Visitor
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Reputation: +0/-0
Re: Gender Marker Change in Georgia
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:18:44 pm »
Thank You My Lady, good to know about the drivers license gender marker, but you have to grs to ammend birth cerficate i think. But I was also thinking if I got the orchi thats operation on gentials. Might could get away with that if the  Dr is Kewl!.Its A Journery! And Its about Damn time for me! Anyway I feel a little bit better. Thanks Alot.

Offline Lorlor

  • Neighbor
  • ***
  • Posts: 55
  • Reputation: +2/-0
  • Gender: Queer
Re: Gender Marker Change in Georgia
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:40:05 pm »
I'm trying to get my marker changed in Georgia and I submitted a physicians note along with my surgeons note confirming I'd had surgery. At first they said this would be sufficient, then four months later I got a letter stating that I also need a court order.
Is there any way you know around this? or does anyone know from where this ruling came?
I'd like to challenge it.
Thanks! :)