Author Topic: Sex/Gender Box on California Background Check  (Read 1143 times)

Offline c1991u

• improving life one second at a time
Sex/Gender Box on California Background Check
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:21:31 am »
Hello Everyone,
I hope this message finds you all well. I am not connected to a community really other than online so figured it was worth a shot to throw my question out here.

I have a LiveScan background check in the state of California (I've lived here my entire life) and I'm not sure what box to mark for my sex. I really don't want to bring this question up at the sheriff's office but will if need be. I have my sex on my state id changed but not my birth certificate. I have had chest surgery and my hysto, will be getting phallo in a few months - I definitely could have it changed but haven't gone through all the paperwork yet. Has anyone here done the LiveScan background check and how did you decide which box to check?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Hormone Replacement Therapy:  December 2011 - Present
Chest Recontouring: June 2015
Hysterectomy (LAVH): October 2015
Stage 1 phallo:  August 2016
Stage 2 phallo: Feb 2017

Offline FTMax

Re: Sex/Gender Box on California Background Check
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 12:33:08 pm »
Hi,

You should use whatever gender marker Social Security has you down as. That is what these are checked against. If you have mixed documents (DL is female, SS is male as an example), you would need to let your background investigator know that there will be inconsistencies in your documents.

I've had a few of these done. It's always fine as long as you inform them ahead of time that things are messy. They may even advise you on which to use.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com