General Discussions > Minecraft

Things you'd like to see in the new survival world?

(1/5) > >>

ThaliaNyx:
Since the release of Minecraft 1.9, there's been a lot of discussion about making a new survival world when the server updates. What I'm wondering is what everyone would like to see in that world - mostly for the spawn area, but also for player homes, plugins, game dynamics, et cetera. I've heard several ideas, and come up with some myself, but I thought it would be helpful to have a place for suggestions.

I'm really looking forward to hearing your ideas!

ThaliaNyx:
No offense to the previous server, but I think the spawn could be improved upon. I often have difficulty trying to find a safe path to guide new players down from the spawn platform. Maybe instead there could be a big plaza area with a bunch of buildings all around. Some of these could be server-run shops, and others could perhaps be rented by players wanting to sell stuff, instead of the current market system. (I've had good experiences with the chest shop system used on some other servers).
Other buildings in this area could include a community farm, an advanced cobble generator, perhaps an Iron Foundry (an iron farm that only works if placed in the spawn chunks), a PVP arena, and a central station.
Beyond these buildings, the city would sort of fade into the natural biome, probably a plains, mesa plateau, ice plains, or maybe even desert biome. It'd be really nice to have a wide variety of biomes close by, as well.
I think that's all I've got as far as the spawn area is concerned. I'd love to hear your suggestions!

ThaliaNyx:
Another topic I want to mention is the new End. Considering it was one of the major facets of the 1.9 update, the mechanics of the End Reset plugin will probably have to change. Currently, the plugin resets the End about 48 hours after the dragon is defeated. However, where players used to go in, defeat the dragon, and leave, they now will have to go in, defeat the dragon, and explore the ring of outer islands in search of the five End City dungeons. Finding even one of these dungeons can take hours - which many of us don't have. A week would probably be a more feasible timeline.
It's also worth noting that there is now a way to respawn the dragon using the extremely rare drop, End crystals; however, a region-wide reset would probably still be more effective.
The other thing I wanted to mention is that when the End resets, it's always exactly the same terrain. This hasn't been too much of a problem before, as the End was always more about the battle than the exploration. Now, though, with the new dungeons and terrain, there's more need for variety. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be great if every time the End reset, it chose a random seed to generate. This would mean that every week, the dungeons would be in new locations, with different sets of loot every time.
I think that wraps up my thoughts on the End; if you have anything you'd like to add, please do!

ThaliaNyx:
Just a bit of a shoutout - Nicole and I are planning a huge hexagon-based spaceship called the Hecate. It's probably going to use a lot of end-themed materials, so lots of purple and black and maybe also end-stone-green. Tractor beams, tardis control room bridge, beacon anchors, fully automatic bakery, lots of guest rooms - it's going to be pretty cool.

Matthew:

--- Quote from: ThaliaNyx on March 17, 2016, 04:20:55 pm ---No offense to the previous server, but I think the spawn could be improved upon. I often have difficulty trying to find a safe path to guide new players down from the spawn platform. Maybe instead there could be a big plaza area with a bunch of buildings all around.
[...]
Other buildings in this area could include a community farm, an advanced cobble generator, perhaps an Iron Foundry (an iron farm that only works if placed in the spawn chunks), a PVP arena, and a central station.

--- End quote ---

For older players who were with us for the first ever spawn, that is exactly how it was set out. We had a central town with a town hall, charity/donation shop, regular shop, community farms and staff houses.

For the second (current) spawn we wanted to have a less structured feel, and mimic single player survival, where players have more freedom, whereas the original spawn was very structured, and players complained that it was hard to find spaces as more places around spawn were taken, because everyone wanted access to the main town.

For the new survival, I do plan to implement a structure similar to our original survival - with possibly a city hall containing a list of rules, helpful commands and a staff board, so that new players can easily access key information. We would also have a donation centre / charity shop, a regular shop and community farms.

However to create this, we would require help from staff and regular players to get started - it would be a community project. :)

--- Quote from: ThaliaNyx on March 17, 2016, 04:36:49 pm ---Currently, the plugin resets the End about 48 hours after the dragon is defeated. However, where players used to go in, defeat the dragon, and leave, they now will have to go in, defeat the dragon, and explore the ring of outer islands in search of the five End City dungeons. Finding even one of these dungeons can take hours - which many of us don't have. A week would probably be a more feasible timeline.

--- End quote ---

Myself and Susan will look closely into all plugins on the server and how the update will effect them - and we will only update the server when most plugins will work as effectively as they do now.

We will look into whether or not the end plugin will be updated, and if not we'll look for an alternative.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version