Author Topic: What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 2.0  (Read 142663 times)

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 2.0
« Reply #2180 on: October 19, 2017, 06:18:42 am »
Well this happened yesterday, but it still made me happy. Another step in my journey...

I talked to my HR representative, who also happens to head our LGBTQ employee resource group. It was an awesome conversation. We even started discussing dates for when I planned to go full time and she sent me links to some resources I may find helpful. I mentioned about wanting to get a trachea shave before going full time, and she said our insurance covers everything related to transitioning and she will put me in contact with someone who can help me get the right boxes checked. This is finally starting to feel real...
"My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." - Londo Mollari (Babylon 5)

16 Jan 2017 - Started Electrolysis
12 Feb 2017 - Out to Wife
23 Mar 2017 - Started Estradiol
28 Jul  2017 - Started Spironolactone
11 Oct 2017 - Out to Manager

Offline Artesia

• Family
« Reply #2181 on: October 19, 2017, 06:51:18 am »
That's too bad. I've got friends with a 3-year old that just explained to him that I'm not a boy anymore, and his response was 'OK!'. Does a 3-year old really even understand gender? Seems like it'd be easier on her to get used to it now.

GAAAHH!!!  Did that finally happen?! It's been so long since I'd heard anything about it I'd completely forgotten!!  :icon_joy:  :icon_chainsaw: :icon_boxing: :icon_joy:
Don't spoil it for me! (and no, the link didn't work for me - that's OK, I'll find it)

The link I put in is showing up as a video on my post for me.  Weird.

My brother said the child psychologist at work said this is the worst time to tell them, this is the point in time where children start to learn genders.  I don't see it as a problem, but this psychologist does.  Says "it's confusing" to young children.  My studies seem to show it differently, but I'm not a licensed psychologist......yet.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

Offline amberwaves

• Friend
« Reply #2182 on: October 19, 2017, 09:23:51 am »

The link I put in is showing up as a video on my post for me.  Weird.

My brother said the child psychologist at work said this is the worst time to tell them, this is the point in time where children start to learn genders.  I don't see it as a problem, but this psychologist does.  Says "it's confusing" to young children.  My studies seem to show it differently, but I'm not a licensed psychologist......yet.
That is plain silly.  Yes that is an age where they start to form concepts about gender, but it is also an age where they are most open to gender variance since they don't have preconceived notions about binary genders.  Sounds like your brother is trying to avoid having what he would consider a difficult conversation with his child.

When I started questioning and transitioning my girls were 3 and 5 (now 7 and 5).  The eldest needed more explanation than the younger child precisely because it did not fit in with what she thought she already knew.  Not that she took it poorly.  I just had to explain that I was very unhappy as a boy so with the  help of my Dr I am changing into a woman. The younger one just accepts that I am dad and I look and act like a girl.

Just because one psychologist says something doesn't mean they are right.  There are plenty of uniformed and biased professionals out there.  Ultimately, it's your decision, but I personally wouldn't make myself miserable for someone else's piece of mind.

Amber

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Offline Sinead

• Neighbor
« Reply #2183 on: October 19, 2017, 12:57:40 pm »
I'm taking a massive step... probably walking before I can run, but I don't care. I bought some bras and knickers to wear under my clothes

Offline Laurie

« Reply #2184 on: October 19, 2017, 02:55:08 pm »
 FYI Recent posts regarding michaeltoppin88 Have been split out to a new topic named  "Needing a little help" in this forum.
“Sit with me, and I'll not be alone. Hold my hand, and I'll not feel alone. Cry with me, and I'll no longer suffer alone.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich,

Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol

Offline Galyo

• Friend
« Reply #2185 on: October 19, 2017, 03:20:51 pm »
Today I've filed the report for changing my name and gender at the city hall! The guy who helped me assured me that I would receive a notice by mail some time the next two weeks. At that point, I can have my ID card and driver's license changed officially! I'll officially be Rachel! :)
HRT: 31 - 8 - 2017

Offline Bari Jo

• fear, shame, you won't own me forever!
« Reply #2186 on: October 19, 2017, 03:28:06 pm »
As of this morning I weigh 149.2.  Next goal is to be under 140...

Bari Jo
My Avatar is from faceapp.  I believe this can be achieved based on my starting point, and it's pretty.  It's a guide for the girl I feel I am inside.  New on 11/3, if you notice a difference, let me know if this one is better.

11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different

Online Megan.

• Family
« Reply #2187 on: October 19, 2017, 04:10:03 pm »

Bari Jo
OMG I'm jealous, well done girl. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

"Life is a traveling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." ― D.H. Lawrence

Online Roll

• Nerd Girl
  • Family
  • Not to be confused with the other 37 Elizabeths
« Reply #2188 on: October 19, 2017, 06:01:44 pm »
I'm taking a massive step... probably walking before I can run, but I don't care. I bought some bras and knickers to wear under my clothes

Enjoy! ;D

I don't think it's physically possible for me to get that low without some sort of terminal illness, that is so unfair. ;D now I'm gonna go eat cake to drown my weight loss misery! ... Seriously though, congrats!
- Ellie
(Anxiously awaiting my hormones, why are the labs taking so long... gaaaahh!)

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/10/17 - Presented as female in therapy!
10/20/17 - Came out to my father!
11/8/17 - Initial HRT consult!

I'm thinking about making a ticker for how many days until I have something to put in the ticker. But then I realized I won't know what to set the countdown to until it actually happens, so now I'm going to eat an ice cream sandwich. The progression made more sense in my head.

Offline Bari Jo

• fear, shame, you won't own me forever!
« Reply #2189 on: October 19, 2017, 06:37:55 pm »

I don't think it's physically possible for me to get that low without some sort of terminal illness, that is so unfair. ;D now I'm gonna go eat cake to drown my weight loss misery! ... Seriously though, congrats!

Hah, it helps that I'm only 5'6".  I have been pulled aside by a couple people asking if I'm okay though.  I'm now down 35 lbs.  I was a tubby girl.

Bari Jo
My Avatar is from faceapp.  I believe this can be achieved based on my starting point, and it's pretty.  It's a guide for the girl I feel I am inside.  New on 11/3, if you notice a difference, let me know if this one is better.

11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different

Offline Colleen_definitely

• Hard happiness over easy misery
« Reply #2190 on: October 19, 2017, 09:45:20 pm »
That's great progress regardless of your height.

Offline Sinead

• Neighbor
« Reply #2191 on: October 20, 2017, 09:12:00 am »
The fact that, even though I'm in the closet, but I still get the chance to dress somewhat female (basically, just wearing leggings), means so much, I feel so much more like myself when I have them on. Especially after a week of wearing work clothes all week, which really brings me down

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:56:19 pm by NinaW »

Offline Laurie

« Reply #2192 on: October 20, 2017, 09:26:22 am »
The fact that, even though I'm in the closet, but I still get the chance to dress somewhat female (basically, just wearing leggings), means so much, I feel so much more like myself when I have them on. Especially after a week of wearing work clothes all week, which really brings me down

Hi Nina,

I understand what you are saying here. When I cross dressed at home before discovering there was much more to my need to be female, I felt a relief when I shed my male clothing and donned my female clothes. It was like shedding  all my male responsibilities along with them and donning  a freer more liberating comfortable life with my female clothes. There was always a sense of rightness about it. Enjoy the freedom.

Hugs,
   Laurie
“Sit with me, and I'll not be alone. Hold my hand, and I'll not feel alone. Cry with me, and I'll no longer suffer alone.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich,

Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol

Offline Sinead

• Neighbor
« Reply #2193 on: October 20, 2017, 09:35:26 am »
Hi Nina,

I understand what you are saying here. When I cross dressed at home before discovering there was much more to my need to be female, I felt a relief when I shed my male clothing and donned my female clothes. It was like shedding  all my male responsibilities along with them and donning  a freer more liberating comfortable life with my female clothes. There was always a sense of rightness about it. Enjoy the freedom.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Although I'm not fully dressed as a woman like I want to be, it's much better than nothing at all. I feel like my mannerisms and voice naturally just become more feminine, more myself, I don't even know why. I've already got an idea of how I'd look like if I could truly dress as myself, and I can't wait to be her

Offline Steph2.0

• Entropy isn't what it used to be.
  • Anachronisms are so yesterday...
« Reply #2194 on: October 20, 2017, 10:31:53 am »
Hah, it helps that I'm only 5'6".  I have been pulled aside by a couple people asking if I'm okay though.  I'm now down 35 lbs.  I was a tubby girl.

Hi Bari Jo,

Congratulations on 35 lbs.! I’m 5’ 5” and at one point was pushing up toward 170. After about 2 years I’ve gotten down to 142 and seem to be stuck there. I want to see 140 on the scale, and would love to get to 135, but that may not be realistic. Now if I could lose these shoulders. Size 14 top and size 8 pants. Bit of a mismatch.

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Started name change 10/25/17 * RLE happening now!

Offline MollyPants

« Reply #2195 on: October 20, 2017, 10:37:18 am »
I got my referral letter to the gender clinic today :) x

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Online Megan.

• Family
« Reply #2196 on: October 20, 2017, 10:37:30 am »
Participated today sharing my experience in a Trans* health panel with 100+ med students in Cambridge. They seemed engaged, informed and keen to learn. The future of medical care for us looks brighter

"Life is a traveling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." ― D.H. Lawrence

Online Megan.

• Family
« Reply #2197 on: October 20, 2017, 10:38:21 am »
I got my referral letter to the gender clinic today :) x

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Yay,  congrats .

Offline davina61

« Reply #2198 on: October 20, 2017, 04:14:10 pm »
Mollypants , good news girl now you have joined the queue-----
a long time coming (out)

Offline jamiekisses

• Visitor
« Reply #2199 on: October 20, 2017, 04:44:33 pm »
took my young children to stay at the aduld childrens house so i could have a weekend and saw how set up clean and mad cool they had prepared for it. to glass full how all the spawn are major tight andintelly to never hava a real biggy cept awesomenes . yay