Author Topic: Name change second thoughts?  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Carla68

• Friend
Re: Name change second thoughts?
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 02:00:22 pm »
I've managed after 7 years of using a single letter change in first name and a made up surname based on a long running cartoon series to have 2 distinct lives especially on the online side

I am thinking of merging the 2 into a 3rd entity as I move forward but still keep my personalised car plate
Carla
Carla

FFS 22-6-21
GRS 22-6-21

Pammie

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 02:07:10 pm »
I've managed after 7 years of using a single letter change in first name and a made up surname based on a long running cartoon series to have 2 distinct lives especially on the online side

I am thinking of merging the 2 into a 3rd entity as I move forward but still keep my personalised car plate
Carla
Ah, I deduce from that that your Male name is Garla! Am I right?

I opened the door and the light shone in

Offline Madison02

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2020, 09:06:29 pm »
I think something else to consider is not overthinking the process. Don't get me wrong, how many opportunities do we as humans get to alter something as fundamental as the name we want the world to know us by? (ok, as a totally practical aside, I suppose you could change your name as much as you liked, but that would sure be an awful lot of paperwork all the time). What I'm saying is, pick something that means something to you. Don't worry what others may think of it, worry about what YOU think of it. Does it fit you? Does it bring you joy? If it does great, if it doesn't then find something that does.

I've gone through the legal processes to change my name and gender on everything, including my birth certificate. I'm pretty much at the end of the greatest, longest, most exhausting "to do" list ever. I cannot get over just how many places have a record of a name and the steps that are involved to change it at some of them. Social Security? That was one of the easiest and quickest of all! Birth Certificate? Here in California, it's an 8-10 week process at a minimum, and with no in-person offices available, you better hope you get those forms filled out to the T, cause they are coming back rejected and you have to start all over again (ask me how I know...lol...it helps to know one's birth parents). Rewards programs, loyalty memberships, dozens of different databases at places like work and medical (just cause you changed it in one, doesn't mean it transferred to all, watch that one!).

Sorry....I'm losing the main plot of this thread....if anyone has paperwork questions, I've been there, happy to share what I can. As for the name? Find something that gives you a peaceful feeling, that makes you feel like who you are. Go with that and don't look back.

Tags: