Activism and Politics > Discrimination

This really SUCKS

<< < (2/13) > >>

Sara:
Shelley, This is really wrong.

So you are supposed to say goodbye to your partner because you want to have a stupid bit of paper changed... well I have kinda thought about it but then I get so mad that the government can have rules like this. Its all about John Howard, what about his religious outlook (families first my arse).

What it does do is force people to lie and cheat the system by getting a divorce which is also another bit of <not allowed> paper just to change your marker. Lies Lies and more Lies!!!!

Sara.

Shelley:
I agree it is totally wrong and I don't see where these polititians get off making these decisions that seem so cruel to so many.

I have friends who are gay both male and female who can't marry and this is sad but even worse they can't leave their worldly goods to each other and family members can come in and take it.

Marriage provides more than an opportunity to share love. it provides protection for the remaining partner in the event of an untimely death. This safety is withheld from gay and TG couples.

Shelley

Leigh:

--- Quote from: Sara on January 19, 2006, 02:21:20 am ---Shelley, This is really wrong.

So you are supposed to say goodbye to your partner because you want to have a stupid bit of paper changed... well I have kinda thought about it but then I get so mad that the government can have rules like this. Its all about John Howard, what about his religious outlook (families first my arse).

What it does do is force people to lie and cheat the system by getting a divorce which is also another bit of <not allowed> paper just to change your marker. Lies Lies and more Lies!!!!

Sara.

--- End quote ---

I you want the benefits of being female then you accept the consequences.  If two natal women who are lesbians cannot legally be married why should you have different rights?   

Leigh

Dennis:
I think everyone here is saying the better option is to get over it and allow same sex marriages, Leigh. I don't think anyone's claiming different status because of being trans.

The other side of it though is do they allow you to marry a man once you've changed your gender marker? If not then they're treating trans people entirely differently from the rest of the population.

Dennis

Sara:
I agree, you can change your gender to female from a male then marry someone but you cannot be married to a woman if you are a <not allowed> person who has had the chop or even if you are another female. The point is the Law SUCKS in Countries where they have these rules no matter what the gender. Accept it hell no, have to follow the law yes, unfortunately.

Sara.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version