News and Events > Bathroom News

Walmart refuses to state its transgender bathroom policy after repeated requests

(1/3) > >>

stephaniec:
Walmart refuses to state its transgender bathroom policy after repeated requests

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/walmart-won-state-transgender-bathroom-policy-requests-article-1.2651162

The New York Daily News/BY JASON SILVERSTEINNEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Thursday, May 26, 2016, 6:06 PM

"Inquiries to Walmart's media relations team were first sent last Tuesday, after The News wrote about a Connecticut woman who said she was harassed in a Walmart bathroom after being mistaken as transgender. Her story earned national attention — but never earned a response from Walmart.

Walmart's silence puts it in stark contrast with one of its biggest competitors, Target, which emphatically stated last month it supports the right of transgender shoppers and workers to use whichever bathroom they choose."

Tysilio:
How nice to see Walmart between a rock and a hard place: Connecticut's very excellent anti-discrimination laws on one side, and the opinions of their troglodyte customers on the other.

Beth Andrea:
I've used WalMart bathrooms, never had a problem.

Then again, I think most people don't make a fuss, it's only a small handful who are loud, rude, and obnoxious.

Dee Marshall:
One of my colleagues responded to the usual anti trans rants on Facebook by whining about how I came out of another stall as she was leaving hers. Evidently she forgot that she Facebook-friended me and I would see it. I didn't acknowledge her existence for three weeks. Our management has made their support of the store's small group of trans women very clear so nothing is ever said to us. Unfortunately, with no corporate direction each store is on its own.

Now Chloe:
I know this is an old thread but I have something to add to it.

Recently I encountered an MTF girl working as a cashier at one of my local walmarts. I prefer to avoid Homer Simpson and his trailer park gf but sometimes I have to go there.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I noticed Claire and it looks like she's taking hormones but I could still peg her.

I very much wanted to ask which restroom she uses but I let it go when a Homer got in line behind me. I didn't want to blow the girl's cover or make for an awkward situation. I happened across Claire again this afternoon but again didn't have a chance to ask.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version