General Discussions > Hobbies

Anyone like to learn languages?

<< < (15/15)

Linde:

--- Quote from: Lisa143 on August 31, 2019, 09:01:28 am ---My native language is french. I grew up in Luxemburg so when i was a kid i spoke german and luxemburger fluently but i forgot most of it. I still understand luxemburger pretty good and can kinda speak it, but it's kind of a mix of luxemburger, german and english (whatever my mind jumps to first when i can't remember a word). Later on i learned english, mostly from video games and achieved a decent level in spanish over the last few years, mostly for fun.

I tried german again one year ago or so but it's just too difficult to learn without serious comitment, it's pretty much as complicated as french and i really wouldn't wan't to have to learn french if i wasn't a native speaker.

--- End quote ---
I have the mixing up problem with my Limburgse.  It is smack in the middle between English and German, and once in a while I use a word from either language and make it look (sound) Limburgse!

Leesh:
I study Dutch language now, before I was also studying English. I learnt some German in school (not French, long story), then tried with Finnish and Swedish. Maybe I will come back to Finnish one day.
I do speak some Polish, too :P

--- Quote from: Arctic Kat on August 30, 2019, 05:03:19 pm ---I’ve tried to learn Japanese for several years, but gave up because it’s such a difficult, convoluted language.
So I changed my focus to an easier language — Dutch. I’m having a lot more fun with this one.

I’m using Duolingo and I’m hooked on it. (I wish it was around when I was in high school.)

--- End quote ---
Goedenamiddag mevrouw! Hoe gaat het met u?

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Leesh on March 21, 2021, 11:23:21 am ---I study Dutch language now, before I was also studying English. I learnt some German in school (not French, long story), then tried with Finnish and Swedish. Maybe I will come back to Finnish one day.
I do speak some Polish, too :P
Goedenamiddag mevrouw! Hoe gaat het met u?

--- End quote ---
Hee hee. I lived in Holland for almost 6 years (een jaar of vijfentwintig geleden) and I try to keep it in my memory. Mijn persoonlijk wordenboek is wel wat kleiner gewoorden natuurlijk!
And of course me being me I haven’t used google to write that so it’s probably complete garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarahc:
I am a Duolingo addict. It’s a great way to pass time productively while dilating!

Sarah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version