Author Topic: What to do for a 13 year old FTM?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline PeterSteele

• Only The Dead Know Brooklyn
What to do for a 13 year old FTM?
« on: July 11, 2016, 10:23:35 pm »
My friend who is 13 and FTM has already started puberty at age 9. I don't know if Estrogen Blockers will be any good but he is fearing for bigger breasts,hips widening more, higher voice,Stay same height (pretty tall for his age),ect. But hes also like me he has more Testosterone in him than Estrogen naturally. So if he goes on Estrogen Blockers would he start having more male features since he has higher Testosterone? Or should he just wait till he gets old enough to start Testosterone? Anything else will be great. Thanks!  :P
Peter Steele Θ

Offline Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
Re: What to do for a 13 year old FTM?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 10:43:52 pm »
Blockers tend to inhibit both sex hormones so masculinization might not happen or would proceed at a slower rate. In addition, the human body converts Testosterone to estrogen and that's why the dosage give to FTMs has be very carefully controlled. The blockers should have some effect but being in puberty for that long, it's hard to make the call without a close up examination. X rays can tell if bone development will continue and for how long and the blocker will prevent additional feminization. To give you more information than that would be guess work.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use dena@susans.org or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber

Offline PeterSteele

• Only The Dead Know Brooklyn
Re: What to do for a 13 year old FTM?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:18:59 pm »
Blockers tend to inhibit both sex hormones so masculinization might not happen or would proceed at a slower rate. In addition, the human body converts Testosterone to estrogen and that's why the dosage give to FTMs has be very carefully controlled. The blockers should have some effect but being in puberty for that long, it's hard to make the call without a close up examination. X rays can tell if bone development will continue and for how long and the blocker will prevent additional feminization. To give you more information than that would be guess work.
Okay thank you ;D
Peter Steele Θ