Author Topic: Decided to go back to school as a transgender woman  (Read 1492 times)

Offline BrittanyNicole

Decided to go back to school as a transgender woman
« on: July 18, 2016, 11:10:54 pm »
Hey everyone, I wanted to share a somewhat positive-negative experience with the community. I recently had interviewed for a job as a high school teacher and was very excited about the progress that was being made as I was in constant contact with human resources, my application was in the final stages of review before being finalized and a formal job being offered. Everything was going great until this past weekend......

On Saturday I was out and about with some friends (Some were gay, others were crossdressers and finally a few transgender) having a fun day until someone from the human resource office saw me in my true form, the sighting was reported back to the HR directors who informed me this morning that at the request of upper level personnel were going to continue the candidate search before making a decision. Where I live this is the professional response to "you cannot be hired" so after that phone call I decided that perhaps I am going about my life the wrong way.

That one phone call made me re-evaluate my life and I finally decided to take my friend's advice (Thanks Claudia) and enroll in beauty school for my Esthetician license, I drove to the academy and the owner was very welcoming and very open minded which made me feel so comfortable. We talked for about 2 hours and we decided that my decision was the right one. I filled out all the paper work for admission and finances which was awesome once completed. I met some of the instructors and they were awesome and excited that I was enrolling, I had to address my one fear and that was presenting myself as a woman and how everyone would react upon seeing me however she killed my fear real quick by saying that if she has no issue then nobody else should have a problem either. I also told her that makeup is not my specialty and she told me that I could get it done at the school if I come in early before class started which lifted my spirits beyond normal limits. So now I just have to wait for my financial aid to be sent and then get fitted for my uniform and then it is off to classes.

Sorry for the long story but I needed to share my happiness.

Love you all
Brittany

Offline Mariah

• (S) Global Moderator & Chat ircOP plus intersex and Post-OP
Re: Decided to go back to school as a transgender woman
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:17:48 pm »
So sorry to hear about your bad experience. Congrats on going to back to school as a transgender woman. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
mariah2014@susans.org
I am also spouse of genderfluid person.

Offline stephaniec

• SPARTA Trans Veterans AKA Stephaniec ( Garbo ) Diabla
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 11:21:42 pm »
congrats

Offline BrittanyNicole

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 02:18:42 am »
Thank you, but this is only a small step for me. With all the violence that is going on it is becoming even more difficult to go out in public (in my case as a woman). I really hope that this decision will further boost my confidence to live my life as I should be. The wait is killing me so to speak but with each little step I feel like I can control my GD from getting out of hand.

Offline MissAmandaJones

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 08:55:49 am »
That's exciting! It's so much easier to make these decisions when you're comfortable with who you are.

I'm going to school for a massage therapy license. I'm going to start my transition during the program so hopefully I can graduate and become a masseuse and not a masseur. That's the dream.

Offline BrittanyNicole

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 02:46:11 am »
That's exciting! It's so much easier to make these decisions when you're comfortable with who you are.

I'm going to school for a massage therapy license. I'm going to start my transition during the program so hopefully I can graduate and become a masseuse and not a masseur. That's the dream.

Congrats on your career path.

Offline Obfuskatie

• Audio-Bibliophile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 08:45:55 pm »
Congrats!

Hugs,
- Katie
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If people are what they eat, I really need to stop eating such neurotic food  :icon_shakefist: