Activism and Politics > Hate

Dealing with hate talk

<< < (2/2)

Lady Sarah:
Saying anything invites trouble, when you do not know the person. They can argue that your freedom of speech impends yours. They might be armed. You never know. My mother told me one, that while in a store, someone said so staying. I told her the woman is just jealous that I look better than she does. If I can ignore what they don't have the nerve to say to my face, so can my mother.

Bobbie:
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I'm feeling better about it now, I had a busy day to keep my mind off this and a lot of supportive friends.
I am worried about going back to that cafe, everyone else there has been great to me and I do enjoy it, but the next time I'm biking there I'll probably think twice about stopping in, which is a shame. I hope I can enjoy it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelle_P:

--- Quote from: Bobbie on August 21, 2016, 08:19:16 pm ---I am worried about going back to that cafe, everyone else there has been great to me and I do enjoy it, but the next time I'm biking there I'll probably think twice about stopping in, which is a shame. I hope I can enjoy it again.

--- End quote ---

Don't worry about it.  The staff is friendly, right?  And the coffee must be good.

When we step out the door, Trans or Cis, we run the risk of running into a lout in the outside world.  It could be a misogynist, someone who hates gingers, or any one of a number of flavors of bozo.  They are out there, and we ignore them and deprive them of the attention they seek.

Enjoy the apple pie and some damn fine coffee...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version