News and Events > Bathroom News

Conservative teen says she'll fail high school if trans students receive equal treatment

(1/8) > >>

Deborah:
Conservative teen says she'll fail high school if trans students receive equal treatment

By Unknown

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/conservative-teen-says-shell-fail-high-school-trans-students-receive-equal-treatment/#gs.8BJvwXI

Gay Star News/By Ashlee Kelly   06/29/2017

A conservative Christian teenager in Pennsylvania has said she’ll fail high school if trans students receive equal treatment.

Sigourney Coyle, from Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, spoke out against the prospect of trans students being able to use the changing room that matches with their gender identity in a meeting with East Penn state school officials.

In a video posted by her mother, Aryn Coyle, Sigourney said: ‘You can’t make a transgender change in front of someone they don’t identify with. But if you put my name in there… you can’t make me change in front of someone who I don’t identify with who is physically male.

‘Gym requires for us to participate to pass high school, and if I don’t change I’m not allowed to participate. So my options are let myself be discriminated against, or fail gym for not participating and not pass through high school which would jeopardise my future.

. . .

In a post on Facebook in May saying ‘The battle begins’, Aryn said: ‘I have always been an advocate of any special arrangement that prevents any group of people from being mistreated based on who they are. This includes non-Christians trapped in their own sin. But I will NOT stand by while the law dictates that male bodies are allowed to walk into my daughters locker room, undress next to her, and shower alongside of her.

‘I will be proud of that failing grade in gym, and so would any Christian college.’
---------------------------------------
Being a 21st century cast out leper gets depressing. I'm getting really sick of these people and their incessant hammering.

becky.rw:
Stubborn people being unwilling to adapt and pursue available options when they have unreasonable requirements that exceed the protections available in law.     She could:

Wear pull over dresses.
Take an alternate class that exempts for gym (marching band usually works, if you can't play an instrument, they'll give you a flag or baton or something) with no communal changing requirement.
pursue credit for gym via alternate methods.
participate in an extra curricular sport, you're "gym" will be outside class hours and unlikely to have the person you are avoiding participating in the same.

But no, she'd rather make a scene, and fail high school.

As far as jeopordizing her future?  nah, if she's worthy of college, the SAT will show it; and academic grades will show it, and she'd be accepted HS diploma or not.   I had friends that didn't even take their senior year, just applied and said, kthxbye.    Some conservative christian colleges might even attempt to recruit, as its a good source to provoke conservative alumni donations.

DawnOday:
It would surprise me if a transgender person would be allowed into a Christian college. Just sayin. Since Christians  have such a firm handle on the Ten Commandments. They can't get that right how they expect people to understand all the other pages.

becky.rw:
bah, I was too unclear.. again.

I'm talking about adaptations the conservative teen might make in order to easily get around her problem, instead of declaring to the world she was going to fail high school unless they do exactly as she wants them too.

The trans kid should have no reason to over react, law and policy are that the transgirl changes in the girl bathroom; if the transgirl is good with that, then she need but carry on.

Devlyn:
Stating that someone else getting equal treatment has a negative impact on you? Wow. Life fail, never mind gym class.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version