Author Topic: Introduction and a question about the interview by Thai psychiatrists  (Read 167 times)

Offline Jay NB

• Visitor
Hello!

My name is Jay.

AMAB in the mid 70s, grown up dressed blue, playing boy's play, at 15 I was daydreaming there was a miracle medicine to stop my puberty.

I never disliked being a boy, but I hated my private parts from when they started to grow.

I never considered myself trans. In my mind, trans people were drag queens, and besides, outwardly, I didn't even want to become a girl. I was perfectly happy with my social role.

Until quite recently, I was myself stuck in the binary trap. There was and is no narrative for us in-between's, it's still largely uncharted territory.

I did not seek help for many years, I didn't even know there was any! and I drowned my dysphoria in work and activities.

The utmost disgust of my private parts grew to a point it was controlling my whole day.

If I really have to put a label on what I am, it would be tomboy. A female body with a androgynous male presentation.

I was quite lucky though, being athletic with virtually no male body hair. Yet the incongruity of "this thing" down there messed up everything. I tucked, always, even during sex. Being touched down there by my partner essentially killed all the poetry and eroticism of the moment.

I am an analytic person and had been analysing my dysphoria over dozens if not hundreds of pages. Over a longer period of time I also spoke with a therapist. But there were no more insights. At some point in time, the lists of pro and cons stopped getting longer. All the thinking and talking generated a whole lot understanding but no solution. I wanted SRS and desperately tried to find an algorithm that used all these insights to return the correct decision if I should do it or not. But it was a dead end.

At the end, any actual medical measure would be a leap of faith.

So here I go, my recommendation letter, which tentatively sums up the above, presenting as androgynous male, knocking on this Thai psychiatrist's door.

What to expect from the Thai psychiatrists?

I understand that the Thai way of thinking is still quite binary and they would not know what do to if I didn't present as female.

Have I done RLE? How do you define RLE for a non-binary androgyne male?

Have I done hormones? Periods of AA, periods of E, but I would exactly say that I hate T!

To those in a similar situation I have the question: how did these interviews go?

Thanks for reading.
Jay

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
Hi Jay 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan’s Place!  I’m Jessica.
You have very similar experience in life and have questions that many of us have had.
I happy that you’ve joined so that you may get support and answers from members that have or are going through the same as yourself.

I see you’re new here, so I’ll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don’t forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read
“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
@Jay NB
Dear Jay
     I am so very glad that you have become a member here and you have started posting in the Forums.

As you continue to post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

For sure this is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I see that our lovely member and  California Girl  @Jessica  has already given you a big WELCOME ...
...but please allow me to also warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here on the Forums.
    Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

Attached at the end of  Jessica's  Welcome Message are important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
@Jay NB
Oh, and another thing Jay...
As our member  @Jessica  suggested in her Welcome Message please plan to write a brief introduction
in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let everyone have this thread back so that the exchange of conversation can continue.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking.

Offline Jay NB

• Visitor
Thank all of you for the warm welcome!

I have been silently reading this site for many years. It's really helpful.

I will share my progress!

Jay

Tags: