Community Conversation > Transgender talk

DIY Laser/IPL Hair Removal: Which laser should I get?

(1/6) > >>

PrincessCrystal:
So, me and a friend are talking about going half-and-half on a laser to remove some of our facial hair (starting with the neck, as widely recommended, of course), seeing as professional lasering is expensive and DIY is relatively safe for pale people.  I was wondering if anyone here had tried that in the past few years, and if they could recommend a model?  My understanding is that the price isn't a good indicator of quality, since they're all pretty much just handles for the same lasers.

These are the ones we're looking at...

* Philips Lumea Comfort IPL Hair Removal System
* SensiLight Mini100 Permanent Hair Removal Device
* Lescolton ® Pro Light-based IPL Hair Removal Device
* Veet Infini'Silk Light-Based IPL Hair Removal System
* Silk'n Flash&Go Hair Removal Device
Has anyone here used any of these, or have any advice on which one we should buy?  We've done a bit of research, but there are so many options, and they're not cheap if you have to buy more than one...

Megan.:
I've been using a lumea IPL on my arms and chest for the last 9 months and it's certainly helped reduce hair. Having also had laser in a clinic, it's not as effective, but is working for me, and alot cheaper! The model I've got doesn't have the facial adapter so I can't comment on that.

PrincessCrystal:

--- Quote from: meganjames2 on September 29, 2016, 09:44:44 am ---The model I've got doesn't have the facial adapter so I can't comment on that.
--- End quote ---
Is this a huge issue?  We're looking at using it for our annoying neck-hair first and foremost, because that's about the most aggravating hair on the male-developed body, even for Cismales.

Megan.:
Some of the Lumea models come with an additional lens for use on the face. You can just pick the model that's best for you. I know many in this site have mentioned the Tria, which I think is laser not IPL, so could be better, but I have no experience.

DawnOday:
I just purchased a Remington ILight Pro Quartz unit off of Groupon for $274.00 including shipping and taxes. I have not used it yet. Just got it yesterday. I need to get some carbon dye as I have gray hair. I hope it does the job as it would be so wonderful to get the same job as if I spent thousands. I'm willing to give it a try. I have had trouble finding anything on YouTube showing how to apply it. Maybe I'll tape it and put it on YouTube.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version