Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Veronica A

• Veronica Mandy Armstrong Blog
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2018, 05:15:17 pm »
my fav of all time is def TOS, TNG comes a close second. i liked them all actually i even liked enterprise and discovery. i didnt like voyager in the beginning, after kes left and 7 of 9 come on board. ds9 i liked when we met jadzia dax and her replacement  as well.. tucker and tpol on enterprise.

I liked a lot of the TOS movies, some of the TNG and the kelvin timeline ones.

fav character of all time is Spock, supressing ones feelings. i tried that for years and years.

i have watched the movies several times, the one with the han  sucked big time imo
Started HRT - 27/08/2017

Offline RabbitSpectre

• Neighbor
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2018, 05:36:40 pm »
The only one I've watched a lot of was TNG, so that one. I really liked what I saw of DS9 but idk if I'll ever finish it. TNG was part of my childhood, but I think it's harder for me to become a trekkie as an adult, when none of my friends care about the show. :P

I think I'd go with Jadzia Dax for the friend-thing too, and maybe Julian Bashir. The DS9 characters were definitely more relatable for me. Between those two, I like Dax more. If I had to pick a character from TNG I guess I'd say Data or Geordi La Forge-- Picard's personality appeals to me more than theirs, but I kinda have issues with relaxing around authority figures so I don't think we'd make good friends.

Nice. Yes, I completely agree. One of the reasons I love DS9.

Very cool. :)

I'm not a huge fan of Honest Trailers, but I thought this was was pretty good. XD

Offline Veronica A

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2018, 03:39:58 pm »
oh that was good and soo funny and strange part mostly accurate....
Started HRT - 27/08/2017

Online ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2018, 03:50:35 pm »
To all,

“Live long and prosper!”

Chrissy

Offline RetroTS

• A girl making up for lost time
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2018, 05:56:29 pm »
OMG yes!!!!!!

Offline RabbitSpectre

• Neighbor
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2018, 06:17:27 pm »
oh that was good and soo funny and strange part mostly accurate....
Yes, lol.
I really loved the show. I felt like my IQ increased every time I watched it, and that I was getting something with ethical progression and questions.

Still have no idea what the writers were on when they had Dr. Crusher bone a space ghost. :P lol I mean, what? lol Some of the those Season 7 episodes get downright crazy. If that's what they wanted, they should have had Q back!!!!! His episodes in all the newer series are my favorite. Though, nothing quite compares to his romp with Picard. XD

What did everyone think of Q? I actually liked him. He wasn't nearly as bad as the crew acted like he was. Just bored, I think. lol He ended up watching over and helping the crew more often than not, and I think I found it pretty awesome when he gave Data the experience of a real laugh.

Offline gingerViktorKay

« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2018, 07:05:05 pm »
Yes, lol.
I really loved the show. I felt like my IQ increased every time I watched it, and that I was getting something with ethical progression and questions.

Still have no idea what the writers were on when they had Dr. Crusher bone a space ghost. :P lol I mean, what? lol Some of the those Season 7 episodes get downright crazy. If that's what they wanted, they should have had Q back!!!!! His episodes in all the newer series are my favorite. Though, nothing quite compares to his romp with Picard. XD

What did everyone think of Q? I actually liked him. He wasn't nearly as bad as the crew acted like he was. Just bored, I think. lol He ended up watching over and helping the crew more often than not, and I think I found it pretty awesome when he gave Data the experience of a real laugh.

I know that Voyager will make someone smarter. The first 3 or 4 episodes explained some simple quantum physics principles.

Offline Veronica A

« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2018, 03:21:59 pm »
Yes, lol.

hell yes, i loved Q as well. i have even read all the books with him in it :) everytime like woohoo Q
Started HRT - 27/08/2017

Offline RabbitSpectre

• Neighbor
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2018, 03:55:21 pm »
hell yes, i loved Q as well. i have even read all the books with him in it :) everytime like woohoo Q

OMG, you read the Q Continuum series as well??? Hell, yes, girl!!!! :D

If John Delancie and Patrick Stewart ever got together again just to do improv acting between their characters, I would pay to see that. :) Pretty awesome that they both worked on the books with Cox!

The episode in TNG where he loses his powers was really interesting. lol Remember the other Q that showed up near the end? XD I wanna hang out with an omnipotent baked space hippie.

Offline Veronica A

« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2018, 07:01:13 pm »
OMG, you read the Q Continuum series as well??? Hell, yes, girl!!!! :D

If John Delancie and Patrick Stewart ever got together again just to do improv acting between their characters, I would pay to see that. :) Pretty awesome that they both worked on the books with Cox!

The episode in TNG where he loses his powers was really interesting. lol Remember the other Q that showed up near the end? XD I wanna hang out with an omnipotent baked space hippie.

out of all the races ever on star trek, the Q tops it all for sure.
Started HRT - 27/08/2017

Tags: