General Discussions > Gender Studies

On changing genders during puberty...

<< < (3/6) > >>

josie76:
In childhood I didn't think about really. I remember wanting to play with the girls sometimes but that wasn't socially allowed even in first grade. I told my mom once I wished I was a girl. Most of the time I was just a kid who didn't consciously think about gender.

Early puberty: As the hormones first started I often thought about what it would be like to be a girl. I imagined wearing girls clothes and what it would feel like. Confusing times at best. Sexual interest began. I found myself attracted to the girls. Couldn't really talk to them. Might have been different if I had been besties with a girl or had a sister.

Jr. High: My voice dropped and my pelvis grew wider overall but not hip spread. I would constantly pull at my shirt feeling like one of the guys would make fun of me for looking a little girlish. I vividly remember the pain from rounding corners too close and hitting door frames with the crest of my pelvis. I had bruises on both sides for a while. At home I would look at myself in the mirror and wish my hips would widen.

High school: still not dating, have a few friends. Only one best friend. We hung out all the time and would talk on the phone after school every few days. Whenever he wanted to do something or go somewhere I'd go along. He never really did anything I wanted to do. Later in life I came to realize he was my one "boy crush" I have ever had. Still couldn't flirt with girls, was way too shy. I loved classes where I got to work in a group and got to be "one of the girls" though. I didn't really understand it but it was fun. I would still look at myself in the mirror to judge how feminine I thought I looked. For the outside world it was too much but for me it was never enough

I have experienced strong female drives/instincts since puberty began. If other trans kids have a similar instinct response to puberty that might explain them deciding they are trans then.

From my experiences I would think its better to let the kid have T blockers until they are 18 then let them decide if they want to start HRT than the psych damage of forcing male puberty to mostly complete upon them.

Sebby Michelango:
The true gender doesn't necessary change, but rather how far you have reached in your own self discovering do change. Even though we human beings know our self, it do still take time to figuring out certain things with our self and we learns new things about our self as well.

There are transgender people who hasn't discovered they are trans yet and there are cisgender people who believes they are trans, before figuring out they aren't. I saw myself as cis pre-puberty, but during the puberty I thought I was transgender. But now I plans to detransistion since I don't think I'm transgender.

Ange:
I have no idea what "gender" is. I'm a human being. When I was pre-puberty, I never mentionned being a girl. I was a boy and that was it. At 9 or 10 I started saying I was a girl. At 11 or 12 this was pretty much set in stone. From 13 to 20, life was hell. I started looking for transition on the internet at 17, but got scared. Nobody gave me information on this, or I would likely have transitionned before 20.

I consider myself as agender. But I really needed a vagina and oestrogens to get better and it worked. My body wanted it, my brain not really. I liked being a boy. Being a girl is a pain in the <not allowed>.

Now I wear boyish clothes, sometimes a long skirt, rarely a short ones. I present female because I don't want to get into troubles.

But I don't think I'm a woman. I'm not a man either. I'm just an individual that happened to need a MTF transition.

PrincessCrystal:

--- Quote from: Sebby Michelango on November 05, 2016, 12:38:52 pm ---The true gender doesn't necessary change, but rather how far you have reached in your own self discovering do change. Even though we human beings know our self, it do still take time to figuring out certain things with our self and we learns new things about our self as well.
--- End quote ---
Cite this please.  It doesn't sound like a scientific theory...

--- Quote ---I saw myself as cis pre-puberty, but during the puberty I thought I was transgender. But now I plans to detransistion since I don't think I'm transgender.
--- End quote ---
Ah!  Please tell me about this.  Why did you think you were trans?  What did you do to attempt transition?  Why did you change your mind?

Ange:
I agree with Sebby. The more you introspect, learn, discover things about you, your past, your constructions... The more you can change (or not). I changed A LOT over time. I am happy I waited so long to transition because it allowed me to be sure about what I wanted.

I used to think I was a woman, but I don't think it was ever the case. I was always an individual. It's just that I'm super at ease with oestrogens and a vagina. Don't ask me why - it's like I was meant to have a female body.

But being a woman, socially ? Uuuur. I'm super butch, sure I have very cute feminine sides, but I'm mostly a man.

When I started taking oestrogens, I became another person, really. Now I feel SO MUCH BETTER in my body. I can't even remember how I could endure having a penis. I used to like my penis, but now the thought of having it again is terrifying. Funny isn't it ?

I'd say I am agender and always was agender. Or nonbinary, or two-spirit, or whatever you want to call it. I have few social dysphoria. Being considered a girl or a boy is equally a pain. Honnestly sometimes being a girl is suffocating. But well.

Body dysphoria used to be TERRIBLE, and now it's 95% gone. On that respect, yay for transition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version