Author Topic: Why Crossdressing?  (Read 3926 times)

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
Re: Why Crossdressing?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 11:12:28 pm »
When I can get the voice and makeup right, I will attempt to go out as a woman on evenings and weekends. That will be a big step forward (for me at least).

Yes. It should be a big step. Good luck! (and enjoy it).

barbie~~

Just do it.

Yanira

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 06:14:56 am »
The word which comes to mind when I am cross dressed and playing the part of Yanira is 'carefree'. It is also fun and I really do think women have more fun than men. The process of trying on earrings and all the other stuff is fun for cisgirls and so for men like us who have a penchant for this kind of thing and do it periodically, it becomes super fun! I often think of the Cindy Lauder song 'Girls just wanna have fun'.

On a deeper level I feel more gentle and I have come to accept that I am lucky to be able to do this. This is not to say that I don't enjoy many facets of my male life. As they say, variety is the spice of life  :)

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 07:25:05 am »
I often think of the Cindy Lauder song 'Girls just wanna have fun'.

Yes. It is indeed a funny song. I was impressed.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Joanna2

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 11:50:00 pm »
I don't understand, why would crossdressing be alleviating?   They're just garments after all, just pieces of fiber.   So what's the big deal?   Why would people be compelled to put on skirts/makeup or whatever?   It doesn't make much sense to me...

A rather ignorant post. Not in a anti-crossdressing way (although your position is obvious) but in your genuine ignorance of the importance of clothes in society, in general. So, let's just explore this way... If you woke up one day in panties and stockings, bra and dress, would you immediately panic and run to change? Why? What's the big deal? They are just garments after all, just pieces of fiber.  Why would you be compelled to run and change or whatever? Would you feel "alleviated" once you got back in your man clothes that so identify you? It IS important, transforming, and alleviating. But you knew that because it was obviously important enough to you to seek this site and make an account just to ask.

Offline aaajjj55

• Friend
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 12:57:42 am »
Although this is an old thread and the OP has not been active for some time, I think you need to delve slightly deeper into the question and its background before judging it.  If you look back at the OP's other posts (which you are able to do now you've hit 15 posts) you'll see that they are trying desperately to be male but are plagued with the doubts about gender that we all have.  Granted, the original post could have been worded better but, in the context of their other posts, I think the OP is trying to say 'I'm a guy, I want to stay a guy but why does female clothing have this calming effect on me?"  In other words, the OP is trying to understand their feelings rather than express a negative view about the feelings of others.

And, of course, we all know the answer...!

Offline Joanna2

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 06:57:58 am »
Although this is an old thread and the OP has not been active for some time, I think you need to delve slightly deeper into the question and its background before judging it.  If you look back at the OP's other posts (which you are able to do now you've hit 15 posts) you'll see that they are trying desperately to be male but are plagued with the doubts about gender that we all have.  Granted, the original post could have been worded better but, in the context of their other posts, I think the OP is trying to say 'I'm a guy, I want to stay a guy but why does female clothing have this calming effect on me?"  In other words, the OP is trying to understand their feelings rather than express a negative view about the feelings of others.

And, of course, we all know the answer...!

You are right, ignorant on my on part. Should have done my research. It wasn't the actual question but more just the way it was worded that made me a little defensive. I wasn't as gracious as others in their answer. Maybe a trait I have to do better with.

Offline Ciara

• Just a girl, trying to find my place in life.
  • Friend
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2017, 02:14:38 pm »
I don't understand, why would crossdressing be alleviating?   They're just garments after all, just pieces of fiber.   So what's the big deal?   Why would people be compelled to put on skirts/makeup or whatever?   It doesn't make much sense to me...

For me it is an emotional release. For 58 years I have lived a man's life while knowing that I am actually a woman. This leads to a lot of stress inside. Wearing female clothing gives me such relief from that stress. I know that I will never have the curves, the boobs, the uterus and everything else that physically defines a woman, but I can have some of the things that socially defines a woman.
It helps, it makes me feel normal, it makes me feel happy, it makes me feel good............and what can be wrong with that!!

Ciara.
I don't have a gender issue.
I love being a girl.

Offline RobynD

• Family
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2017, 02:29:03 pm »
The "its just cloth" argument is brought up a lot by people. I think a lot of people struggle like the OP to understand themselves and why an activity such as this is so needed, when it creates personal turmoil for them. I have so much empathy for them.

Identity is a strong human need and when we feel it lacking we usually go out and try to find it.

Offline elkie-t

• Family
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 08:04:48 pm »
Breaking taboos is liberating...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: