General Discussions > Help and How to

Refuge Restroom app

(1/4) > >>

Lunacorn:
its a great app that lets you map out trans* safe bathrooms with a full map and lets people update it as a community.  definitly grab it as its free and everyone who uses it benefits from your additions.

Super good when traveling , road trips, etc

Again app is called Refuge Restroom

Dee Marshall:
I second. Even if you don't feel the need help a sister or brother out. Download the app and log safe locations as you go thru your day.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nina_Ottawa:
Forgive me for being a negative nelly, but don't you think publicly showing where a trans safe bathroom is, that it lets...ummmm...people who are anti trans know where trans people are?

KathyLauren:

--- Quote from: Nina_Ottawa on February 03, 2017, 08:07:16 am ---Forgive me for being a negative nelly, but don't you think publicly showing where a trans safe bathroom is, that it lets...ummmm...people who are anti trans know where trans people are?

--- End quote ---
Probably not.  We are only less than 1% of the population, so 99% of the time there won't be a trans person in there.  Even haters have better things to do than hanging around bathrooms waiting for a random trans person to show up.

Devlyn:

--- Quote from: Nina_Ottawa on February 03, 2017, 08:07:16 am ---Forgive me for being a negative nelly, but don't you think publicly showing where a trans safe bathroom is, that it lets...ummmm...people who are anti trans know where trans people are?

--- End quote ---

Where I live businesses put pride flags out front, it lets people know they're LGBTIQ friendly, and that's about it. And you know, people who hate people of colour don't need an app to find their targets. I think you're raising a false flag on this one.  :)

--- Quote from: KathyLauren on February 03, 2017, 09:00:09 am ---
Probably not.  We are only less than 1% of the population, so 99% of the time there won't be a trans person in there.  Even haters have better things to do than hanging around bathrooms waiting for a random trans person to show up.

--- End quote ---

Not to quibble, but the latest reports are between 3.5 - 5% of the population. We're on the rise!

Hugs, Devlyn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version