Author Topic: I don't believe that I'm a girl  (Read 1464 times)

Online josie76

• Family
  • Something beautiful emerges from a dark pool
Re: I don't believe that I'm a girl
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 10:12:42 am »
A couple of blood test options if you want to find out.

1. A karyotype test. This one replicates out your cells and then gets examined for chromosomes. Specifically pair number 23. If you have an extra chromosome then that will show up there as well as verify a normal XX status. I had one done to check for klienfelters just to be sure. In the US my insurance doesn't cover anything possibly trans related and so that one test cost me $700.

2. If there is nothing out of the ordinary with that test, then you could test both X genes for the presence of a SRY gene. This is what makes the protein to form one segment of the gonad structures to form testes. However a damaged SRY can limit testes formation and not inhibit ovary formation. It is possible for an SRY gene to be trans located to the fathers X chromosome during sperm genesis.

Another thought, have you been to a gynecologist and asked if everything is normal? Some medications like DES have been known to cause sexual organ development issues in normal genetic female babies. I'm not certain if the exact causality has been explained but there were plenty of cases of split, dual, or Y shaped uterus's in the time it was administered often.

So in a normal female baby there will be no protein called TDF produced as there is no SRY gene on X chromosomes. In that case by the 12th week the gonads will have formed ovaries. The female ducts will continue to develop as long as there is no testes produced hormone AMH present. Without testosterone the male ducts fade and are absorbed.

For a male baby by the 7th week TDF will form testes cells. These will release a hormone AMH that prevents the female ducts from developing and will form a second teste cell type which produce testosterone. Testosterone causes the male ducts to develop. Somewhere in this early period bone shapes are affected by male hormones. Specifically the shape and form of the sacroiliac joints and the shape of the kness and elbows pivot structures. Both of these are different in the average male and female although are not easily seen until adulthood especially the pelvic joints as there is much bone plate calcifying to do there between the ilium, ischium, and the pubic bones.

In some genetic males the development of the testes cells is delayed and both testes and ovarian cells form.

Mammalian development is so complex that many things can happen to affect how we are born.
Trying to find myself in this life.

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

Offline Mariah

• (S) Global Moderator & Chat Moderator plus Post-OP
  • Letting Love shine through
Re: I don't believe that I'm a girl
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 03:32:04 pm »
Having or not having things doesn't make someone xx or even xy for matter. Someone can still be intersex and have xx or xy chromosomes. It's sounds like it is possible or something similar for sure. It sounds like if you want to investigate it further a different doctor might be in order considering the road block you have hit with the current one. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
mariah2014@susans.org
Had SRS with Meltzer on 10/27/2016.
To give others an idea of my full rep point count 54 rep points were on the previous account.
Labiaplasty with Dr. Meltzer will be done in the future sometime between 2018 and 2020 something.

Tags: