General Discussions > Help and How to

Female life hacks

<< < (3/6) > >>

HappyMoni:
Any ideas for hair that is now dry? Any thoughts on applying oils of any type? Conditioners make it soft but it is still dry.
Monica

ainsley:
I used Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment (a little dab will do a lot) when my hair was really dry.  I would put that on my towel slightly dried hair and work it through with my fingers.  Then I would put in a leave-in conditioner.  That seemed to help the dry frizz, split-end look/result I was getting.  After not shampooing daily and using that remedy for a while (and getting my ends trimmed) I moved to just a leave-in conditioner and it is finally healthy again.  It seems like the summer destroys my hair in t he humidity here in Missouri.

Thea:
Here's what I do for my dry hair. I do this every 2 weeks or so.
I get some coconut oil, about 2 tablespoons will do. It comes hard so I melt it by putting it in a bowl and putting that bowl in another bowl full of hot water. I've read that microwaving coconut oil will rob it of it's beneficial nutrients.
I completely soak my hair in the oil, comb it through and put my hair up in a bun. It's pretty messy so I contain my hair with a plastic bag or shower cap.
Leave the oil in for a while. Some sources say an hour is enough but most seem to think 4 to 8 hours is better. Some ladies even sleep with it in but I'm afraid the cover would come off and my pillow would get all goopy.
After the wait time wash it out thoroughly and condition like normal. It leaves my hair soft, silky and shiny.

RetroTS:
I have a few!

In order to make fishnet hose look good and easier to wear, wear a pair of nude stockings under the fishnets.

Moisturize your nails daily, especially in the winter. This makes your feet and hands look and feel so much better when you get a mani/pedi

If you ride a motorcycle and you have long hair, braid it or use lots of hairbands before riding. I learned this the hard way....

When you shave your legs, rub aloe vera on them as soon as you are done and let air dry. It keeps your legs very soft and smooth

Jin:
Being the only male in a house full of girls growing up I learned to be a girl too. Mama always taught off of us girls the same techniques.
I might add:
Knees together.
Walk slowly with short step when in heels.
Always wear panties with a mini-skirt.
Never "do it" on the first date, there will probably not be a second.
Be confident.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version