Author Topic: M2F surgery - hips, bums, tums  (Read 906 times)

Offline vicki_sixx

• Friend
M2F surgery - hips, bums, tums
« on: March 19, 2017, 07:20:02 pm »
Hiya,

Hips and bum
I am very self-conscious of the fact my chest is much wider than my hips so would like to know if there are any surgical procedures to resolve this?

I have heard of taking fat from elsewhere in your body and injecting it in your hips and arse but not only does that cost circa $10,000 each but 50% of the fat is absorbed back into the body within a year and so you have to undergo the same procedure again to get it back (another $10,000 and possibly $40,000 in total).

Are there any other options other than fat redistribution?

Tum
I am especially aware of my lack of "pinching in" at the waist - aka: curves - yet love my figure when I press my hands on either side of my torse even though it only shaves off a couple of inches. The result is just so feminine and flattering. Is there any such procedure to sculpt this area permanently and the cost?

Offline Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
Re: M2F surgery - hips, bums, tums
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:00:47 pm »
Only other one I know of is they can place silicon pads underneath the skin much like a breast implant to fill out the hips and rear. People are not always satisfied with the results but it's popular enough that the medical firms continue to produce the required padding.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber.
Use dena@susans.org only if you are unable to PM

elobo

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 10:31:46 pm »
Hi, this surgery is giving impressive result if you have a lack of curves on your hips or butt and have excessive fat on the belly or abdomen.   

The % of fat that doesnt survive really depends on your post op care  and the surgeon you went with. My surgeon is using VASERlipo  with  REVOLVE filter ( the thing that filter the fat cells before reinjecting).  If the surgeon use low end filter or method, you may end with lower then expected result.   REVOLVE filter is usually used for breast filling because higher % of fat cells survive. It is also more expensive then regular filter. My surgeon offered me to use this filter for my hips and is claiming to have a real 80% of fat surviving after procedure. Like any procedure, science is evolving and some surgeon kept old system for lipo (40-60% cell survive).   After surgery you need to wear compression garment for 3 months.

When doing the procedure, she makes sure to remove all undesired fat from abdomen(tummy), lower back and thigh interior.  You end with a flat stomatch.

The real purpose of this surgery for me was to correct the appearance of my hips and giving me that round and curvy figure.

my surgeon is dr  Patricia Berbari in montreal.  I would like to post picture of the surgery procedure here but i am afraid that you cant show skin here...

Ive paid 11 500$ CAD for the surgery . I will have it in 3 week

http://www.revolvegrafting.com/
http://www.vaser.com/

Offline Joanna50

• Joanna
  • Changing to be better than I was.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:11:50 am »
Hi, this surgery is giving impressive result if you have a lack of curves on your hips or butt and have excessive fat on the belly or abdomen.   

The % of fat that doesnt survive really depends on your post op care  and the surgeon you went with. My surgeon is using VASERlipo  with  REVOLVE filter ( the thing that filter the fat cells before reinjecting).  If the surgeon use low end filter or method, you may end with lower then expected result.   REVOLVE filter is usually used for breast filling because higher % of fat cells survive. It is also more expensive then regular filter. My surgeon offered me to use this filter for my hips and is claiming to have a real 80% of fat surviving after procedure. Like any procedure, science is evolving and some surgeon kept old system for lipo (40-60% cell survive).   After surgery you need to wear compression garment for 3 months.

When doing the procedure, she makes sure to remove all undesired fat from abdomen(tummy), lower back and thigh interior.  You end with a flat stomatch.

The real purpose of this surgery for me was to correct the appearance of my hips and giving me that round and curvy figure.

my surgeon is dr  Patricia Berbari in montreal.  I would like to post picture of the surgery procedure here but i am afraid that you cant show skin here...

Ive paid 11 500$ CAD for the surgery . I will have it in 3 week

http://www.revolvegrafting.com/
http://www.vaser.com/

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for sharing your experience and upcoming surgery information.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit January 29, 2016

Offline vicki_sixx

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 02:59:04 pm »
Thanks for the info, girls.  Please share as much as you can - links, pics, reviews etc.

Implants just sounds so weird. At least breats implants are coated in lots of fatty tissue but 'just under the skin' of the pelvic region just seems wrong. Plus I'd be worried of popping them/displacing them when I sit down/fall down.

What I don't like about the fat redistribution method is that I am a bit porky right now and have plenty to donate to my bum and hips but I don't want to keep this weight for the next 12-24 months whilst I await HRT to do it's thing.

$11500 is excellent - is that for just hips or does it include the bum as well? What risk is there of going on a diet and losing fat that's bene placed there and then needing to undergo the procedure again?

elobo

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 03:47:51 pm »
It include the bum also.   Actually you wont have to go in intensive diet after because all the unwanted fat from abdomen/ lower back/ thigh interior will be completely removed.   You may however tone your body and get some abs and cute feminine defined muscles.   

Its like,  you have for exemple 100 fat cells for your abdomen.  They remove 70,  you only have 30 left ( Fat cells will never come back, they are set for life at 8 years old but get influenced with HRT).  So when you gain weight, only 30 fat cells will react for abdomen for exemple.  But what was moved to hips/butt ( what survived from the 70 cells) will gain more fat then before because those fat cells are at this place now.   

You however need to eat  unhealthly to gain weight  and if you plan on dieting and eating correctly, you wont see much change :)

Offline Rhonda333

• Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 03:52:02 pm »
I had the silicon implants on the hips and butt done in India. About 10K which includes a weeks stay for two in a really nice spa/hotel. Be sure to bring much bigger pants for going home. I'm now a 42.
I am a pre op MtF.

Offline vicki_sixx

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 04:06:27 pm »
It include the bum also.   Actually you wont have to go in intensive diet after because all the unwanted fat from abdomen/ lower back/ thigh interior will be completely removed.   You may however tone your body and get some abs and cute feminine defined muscles.   
I think you misunderstand me babe, I was saying I have ample fat to donate from my stomach to my hips and bum to give me Kardashian curves but I am unwilling to stay this fat for up to two years whilst I wait for HRT to shape my body (we're advised to wait unilt HRT has done it's stuff before opting for sugery).

Its like,  you have for exemple 100 fat cells for your abdomen.  They remove 70,  you only have 30 left ( Fat cells will never come back, they are set for life at 8 years old but get influenced with HRT).  So when you gain weight, only 30 fat cells will react for abdomen for exemple.  But what was moved to hips/butt ( what survived from the 70 cells) will gain more fat then before because those fat cells are at this place now.   
This is fantastic news!!! A flat stomach for life is a dream and the fact that weight gain will go to the transplanted fat in my hips and arse is a dream come true because it means I can pig out on fatty treats like pizza and ice cream AND in the process get even shapelier!!! Brilliant!!!

You however need to eat  unhealthly to gain weight  and if you plan on dieting and eating correctly, you wont see much change :)
Can you explain again please as I don't follow your point xx

elobo

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 08:35:13 pm »
Not exactly.   You still can gain new weight and fat after the surgery .  Let me explain, lets say you were at 30% bodyfat prior surgery.  After the surgery you eat a lot and you increase to 35%.  This means you developped 5% of new fat that was inactive before.   If you however stay at 30%(exemple) after surgery or lose fat, you wont gain new fat in this zone for sure.  So you cant really be eating pizza and icecream all the time haha.

for your first quote.. about surgery before fat redistribution due to HRT.  To be honest it wont change much if you do the surgery now or later. The fat you have on stomatch will most likely not redistribute  and for what is going to redistribute, the surgery is anyway going to move the fat cells from undesired place to where you need them to bet at. Thats kind of speeding HRT process.    HRT will just continue to do its work after.   This is just my opinion.  Its always safer to wait however.

Offline vicki_sixx

• Friend
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 02:41:53 pm »
Not exactly.   You still can gain new weight and fat after the surgery .  Let me explain, lets say you were at 30% bodyfat prior surgery.  After the surgery you eat a lot and you increase to 35%.  This means you developped 5% of new fat that was inactive before.   If you however stay at 30%(exemple) after surgery or lose fat, you wont gain new fat in this zone for sure.  So you cant really be eating pizza and icecream all the time haha.
Perhaps I am being thick here but I don't follow. You say if I stay at 30% bodyfat I won't gain new fat but that goes without saying as in this scenario I'm not putting on weight. And if I increase to 35% bodyfat then I *am* gaining weight but I assumed this would be added to bums and hips because you said my stomach would be flat for life and so I assumed it's the transplanted fat that puts on the weight.

If I'm wrong then what was that about the stomach being flat for life post-surgery?

You supplied a link to vaser - is that where Patricia Berbari performed your surgery?
The Revolve site only listed clinics by US state not Canada but if Canada is cheaper then I'd like to check it out.

I checked out Revolve - they didn't make any mention of their fat grafting lasting up to 80% or beig any better than standard lipo nor do they have easy contact details when I wanted to message them. :(

You said your reason for surgery was to correct your hips so does that mean you had a surgery before that didn't go to plan? I can't think any other reason why you'd have a dip.

xxx
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:05:16 pm by vicki_sixx »

elobo

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 04:12:24 pm »
Fat cells are set for life at around 8 years old.   That doesnt mean that all your fat cells are active because if it was the case, you would be extremely obese.  When they do lipo, they also remove the cells that created fat ( active) but the other ones that were not active are still here.  This means that if you get more overweight then you were before, those cells will get activated and you will gain fat.  If however you stay at same weight ( bodyfat %) or lose weight, those cells wont get activated so you wont be gaining fat.  The fat that got moved to new area ( butt and hip) will react to gaining/losing weight however.  Hope you get what i mean this time.

the links i provided are description of the tool used.  As you can see on the VASER website, dr berbari is certified for this technology.

What i said about REVOLVE is comming directly from the consultation i had with dr Berbari.  She claim having a real 80% of fat cells surviving using this filter.  I asked her the question.

No,i never had surgery to hips but i started my transition a little to late ( in 20's) so i didnt get the hip bone growth part. Still i was lucky, i have 40 inch hips as starting point with a 29 inch waist. There are a lot of womans that also have hip dips, i think ive read somewhere that its 50% of womans. It is just not beauty standard.   They are also named Violon Hips , you can get more info on google.  Im doing this surgery to fix the hip dips and of course get more width and curves .

I will point something about HRT and "fat redistribution"  . The fat isnt really moving area, its just that fat cells react differently ( getting active or inactive) with hormones.  Still, if you have a lack of fat cells in a zone, HRT wont create new fat cells , it only activate or desactivate according to the hormone regimen you are in. If  you have a lack of fat cells in a zone, hrt will activate most of it according to feminine fat distribution but it wont be creating new ones so you may not have the "curves" you desire.  This is why lipo with fat transfer is a good solution

There is one girl from here that shared experience 1 year and half ago

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,180220.0.html

Offline vicki_sixx

• Friend
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 05:10:43 pm »
i started my transition a little to late ( in 20's)....i have 40 inch hips as starting point with a 29 inch waist.

Wow you sure know how to make me feel like crap :D

PM sent for the other part of your post.

elobo

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 05:34:10 pm »
I have to low post amount to reply to your private message but ill make it short.

You will have a flat stomatch after surgery at the same weight and % bodyfat you were before the surgery.  This means that if you are at 30% for exemple, you will have a flat stomatch at this % bodyfat. (wich was obviously not the case prior to surgery, understand the benefit now?)   If you stay same weight and at same % bodyfat, you wont be gaining any fat to stomatch and will have your flat stomatch for life like i said.  If you however gain NEW weight that you didnt have before, then you will gain fat to your stomatch and to your hips/butt.  Most of the new fat will go to the hips and butt because the cells were moved here .Like i said previously, you have inactive cells that will activate if you increase your weight and bodyfat so you will gain fat to stomatch if you dont take care of yourself.

Still.. you shouldnt be putting weight after a surgery like that. You should be trying to tone muscles a little and to lose more weight.  So yes, you still need to eat healthly after .

Offline vicki_sixx

• Friend
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 09:17:11 pm »
I have to low post amount to reply to your private message but ill make it short.

You will have a flat stomatch after surgery at the same weight and % bodyfat you were before the surgery.  This means that if you are at 30% for exemple, you will have a flat stomatch at this % bodyfat. (wich was obviously not the case prior to surgery, understand the benefit now?)   If you stay same weight and at same % bodyfat, you wont be gaining any fat to stomatch and will have your flat stomatch for life like i said.  If you however gain NEW weight that you didnt have before, then you will gain fat to your stomatch and to your hips/butt.  Most of the new fat will go to the hips and butt because the cells were moved here .Like i said previously, you have inactive cells that will activate if you increase your weight and bodyfat so you will gain fat to stomatch if you dont take care of yourself.

Still.. you shouldnt be putting weight after a surgery like that. You should be trying to tone muscles a little and to lose more weight.  So yes, you still need to eat healthly after .
Thanks!

I have emailed Dr Berbari for more info - especially the difference between all her lipo formats. When do you go for yours?

Online TinaVane

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 06:01:09 pm »
I know Cardenas does hip implants with butt implants since it's no hip implants on the market which I'm puzzled by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C'est Si Bon

Offline Clara Kay

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 09:46:38 pm »
I discussed butt and hip implants with my surgeon as a means to obtain a more feminine shape.  I had a BBL two years back, which did remove excess fat from my tummy, but what was transferred to my butt didn't amount to much due to absorption. 

Butt implants are very doable if you have sufficient thickness of the gluteus maximus.  The surgeon creates a pocket in this muscle to hold the implant.  If the muscle is too thin (common in older girls) the implants could pop through.

Hip implants are problematic in several ways.  There is not much tissue to hide the implant so they can look fake.  Also, there's significant risk that the implant may migrate because there is no natural pocket to constrain it in place.  It also has to be placed over the femur (leg bone) so that it is not subject to flexure when sitting.

My surgeon recommended creating the illusion of wider hips by creating a narrower waist.  This is done with a combination of liposuction (with optional fat transfer to the hips and butt), and an abdominoplasty.  The problem that we older girls often have, as do many natal women who've had children, is the stretching of the tissue that connects the abdominal muscles thus producing a thick waist.  No amount of weight loss will restore the narrow waist. 

The operation pulls the abdominal muscles back together again with permanent suturing.  Think of it as having the effect of wearing a corset except that it's all happening beneath the surface.  This same procedure is part of what's done in a 'tummy tuck', except in this case the tightening of the abs is more aggressive.  In fact, two weeks prior to the operation, you are instructed to wear a corset so that your body adapts to having a smaller waist.  Internal organs (mainly the small intestine) are force downward into the pelvic area which also has a feminizing effect on your shape.  Corset training will also helps to force the bottom two (floating) ribs inward which helps to produce a more feminine waistline.

The big negative in going this route is the scar that remains.  It will resemble the scar that is produced after a transverse Cesarean section (about 6 to 8 inches long), although it can be hidden by your bikini bottom.   Cost is about $12K including the lipo and fat transfer.

Tags: