News and Events > Bathroom News

Ultraconservative Texas Christian Mom has Change of Heart

<< < (2/2)

Madison24:
I am so glad that this mom was able to accept her child for who she really is inside and out!  It says a lot about the mom and how much she loves her child to overcome her formerly held personal beliefs and through love, accept her daughter. 

To me, the important lesson here is that having personal experience with a minority (a transgender child) opened the eyes of someone who had mistaken beliefs about transgender human beings.  The personal experience made a difference, opened the heart and mind of someone and that led to healthy change. 

Love wins again!

Lexxi:
I saw this little girl on 20/20 and she's amazing!! I'm glad that her mother is finally standing up and doing something that's right for a change. It's sad though that it took having a trans child for her to go from being a bigot to an ally. But hey at least she's on the right course now I guess.

michele4848:
I Live, (reside) in Texas.  East Texas to be exact.  I have found that in the great state of Texas transgender people have no rights. Here in Texas, The police CAN arrest you for crossdressing IF they want to. I started my transition in November of 2021. I live en femme 24/7 now, and just started HRT in 8/25/22. I have been denied use of the womens restroom, because I still look like a male but, also denied the mens room, because I look to much like a female. East Texas has very few doctors who are trained in transgender care. Most places accept me as a customer, but most don't accept me as female.
Just thought I'd pass this on.
Hugs,
Michele

TXSara:

--- Quote from: michele4848 on September 15, 2022, 10:21:44 am ---I Live, (reside) in Texas.  East Texas to be exact.  I have found that in the great state of Texas transgender people have no rights. Here in Texas, The police CAN arrest you for crossdressing IF they want to. I started my transition in November of 2021. I live en femme 24/7 now, and just started HRT in 8/25/22. I have been denied use of the womens restroom, because I still look like a male but, also denied the mens room, because I look to much like a female. East Texas has very few doctors who are trained in transgender care. Most places accept me as a customer, but most don't accept me as female.

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry to hear that, Michele.  East Texas is a pretty rough place for us.  I'm amazed that you haven't tried to get out of there yet.  In the DFW area, I really don't have much trouble at all.  I'm lucky to live in a pretty accepting neighborhood.

I have a lot of family in the Livingston area, though, and I have (purposely) avoided talking to any of them about my transition yet.  I'm scared to death that none of them will ever want to speak to me again.  It's sad, because these really ARE good people.  I'm not looking forward to losing them.

~Sara

Dolly:
Somehow this anti- (FILL In The Blank) use of religion in the name of Christianity is not very Christian like behavior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version