Author Topic: drag racing ?hot rods  (Read 13884 times)

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
Re: drag racing ?hot rods
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2022, 11:34:19 am »
Nice one Davina!
Do you watch Fitzee on YouTube, serious good for the welding tips he is!

Here is some updates on what I have been at.
My Kswap Civic Shuttle has taken a back seat for a while as I struggle with apprentice wage.
Getting nowhere fast I have put effort back into bringing my old Honda Accord Aerodeck back to life.
This is a 3rd gen 86-89 with disc brakes all round and ABS. Along with a fuel injected Aseries engine (A20A4)

Here she is

She does need rear inner arches sorted
New tyres will be ordered for her next week and then I can take her for a drive.
Will be putting in coilovers when I can afford em.

Here is also a few pics of some random new bits for my AWD shuttle coming in.
All I need left to do for the brake system is pads all round and discs at the rear. And then I can get my hardliners routed how I want and have s company make up the Flexi lines.

Suspension wise I only need and adjust upper control arm for the fron and a toe and camber arm for the rear.
Also coilovers. But these big expensive bits I'm waiting till the apprentice wage is wiped out and the big money roles in at the end of November.
I'm to excited for this.
Been living like trash with what I'm on! D:

280mm Scirocco front discs, along with and EP3 typeR caliper and slider/carrier

Rear calipers from an EP3 aswell to allow me to run 260mm discs.

I have gone with hardrace everything for bushings and such. Here are my new rear lower control arms

Front suspension arms all painted up before test fitting for the brakes

I'm hoping to drop the K into her before the winter as a test run, engine bay will be painted after.

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2022, 01:38:20 pm »
My lad put all that stuff on the Teg, he has decided to sell now (little one on the way!) for £5k . Barging for someone.
Watched Bad Chad for welding tips, trouble was I had already done it all . Wish I had seen it before as it would have saved me a load of filler work! Got some runs in the paint so hope they flat out okay. Run out of money to do the stuff I need for the Austin , think its another 2 to 3 thousand in bits , glass, engine rebuild, clutch, brake master, custom drive shafts, sound deadening, carpet and upholstery.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2022, 02:31:20 pm »
My lad put all that stuff on the Teg, he has decided to sell now (little one on the way!) for £5k . Barging for someone.
Watched Bad Chad for welding tips, trouble was I had already done it all . Wish I had seen it before as it would have saved me a load of filler work! Got some runs in the paint so hope they flat out okay. Run out of money to do the stuff I need for the Austin , think its another 2 to 3 thousand in bits , glass, engine rebuild, clutch, brake master, custom drive shafts, sound deadening, carpet and upholstery.

Where has he list the teg?? O:
Never heard of him. Must check him out.
Fitzees and wizard at it.

And oh lord it's always money.
My main expenses left are coilovers wheels tyres and exhaust.
My engine and drive train are done. Barca few wee bits

Online davina61

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2022, 03:30:59 pm »
Not listed, selling it to a "mate" . Might end up selling my bay panel to get the ££s.

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Online davina61

« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2022, 12:35:37 pm »
Getting on with the Austin

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2022, 01:35:00 pm »
Getting on with the Austin

Nice work Davina.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2022, 03:10:39 pm »
Paint looking crispy there!!
Looks like very little peel

Online davina61

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2022, 03:00:14 am »
Painted the doors lay down so a lot better, still needs a mop though and some runs and bits to sort.

Online davina61

« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2022, 03:32:47 pm »
Roof infill fitted, took 4 buckets of soapy water and a can of upholstery cleaner before shoe polish. Well it has been stored 20 odd years unwrapped!

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2022, 01:36:24 pm »
All progress!!
My progress has all but grinded to a halt. Cost of living as an apprentice on 1300 a month has me screwed.
I got 2 months left and the apprenticeship is finished, the last few months have been so hard its hard to see the light.

I can't wait to be making progress again

Online davina61

« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2022, 02:25:35 pm »
Yup, I have run out of funds so its just whatever I can for peanuts now. Engine out and striped down to see what is needed next.

Online davina61

« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2022, 02:33:02 am »
Stripped the Omega engine that had the timing belt guide roller failure, more damage than I had hoped. 4 obviously bent intake valves and 3 very slight bent ones that showed up by lapping and 2 split valve guides and a bent conrod. Also the oil cooler that sits in the water jacket in the V has leaked oil and the water ways are full of oily sludge thats hard to remove. Will have to go and ask Fred at Malvern Rebore prices and availability, only oil cooler I found on the bay was £345!!!!   

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2022, 01:59:24 am »
Stripped the Omega engine that had the timing belt guide roller failure, more damage than I had hoped. 4 obviously bent intake valves and 3 very slight bent ones that showed up by lapping and 2 split valve guides and a bent conrod. Also the oil cooler that sits in the water jacket in the V has leaked oil and the water ways are full of oily sludge thats hard to remove. Will have to go and ask Fred at Malvern Rebore prices and availability, only oil cooler I found on the bay was £345!!!!

Yeah honestly if it an interference engine, there really is no way of avoiding this damage once timing is lost.
Night be better sourcing and engine.
All these guides, valves, pistons and rods is gonna push build costs way up.
Probably have to go with upgraded after market stuff too

Online davina61

« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2022, 02:40:02 am »
Scored 3 piston and rods and a cyl head of the bay from same place, he said the 3L engines are hard to come by now. Cost me £170-----------

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2022, 06:25:39 am »
Scored 3 piston and rods and a cyl head of the bay from same place, he said the 3L engines are hard to come by now. Cost me £170-----------

Not to bad then so!!
I'm away to the garage now. Got trailing arms to put back together

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2022, 08:09:06 am »
We dropped the Rambler off to get the exhaust done. All stainless, everything from the manifold back.

Veteran, US Army

Online davina61

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2022, 05:22:08 am »
Have been plodding along doing what I can without spending. Got stuck for stuff to do till some T piece push fit connectors turn up for the air ride system. Dozy <not allowed> idiots that supplied the kit sent me 1/4 pipe and 6 mm fittings. 1/4 is more like 7mm so won't push in.   

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2022, 02:57:07 pm »
Have been plodding along doing what I can without spending. Got stuck for stuff to do till some T piece push fit connectors turn up for the air ride system. Dozy <not allowed> idiots that supplied the kit sent me 1/4 pipe and 6 mm fittings. 1/4 is more like 7mm so won't push in.

Hahaha the sharpest tools in the box for sure!

I have my rear trailing arms all situated, 262mm discs on a car that came tmwith drums.
Took a lot of grinding to get the calipers to fit.
Handbrake cable will be the last mission to sort out on the rear trailing arms though thank god!

Online davina61

« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2022, 05:18:05 am »
Doing bits and bobs, managed to get the hoses for the air ride struts shortened yesterday at the Agri place over the road. waiting on some connectors now to fit the push fittings on the ends and then I can make up some clamps to hold inner ends to chassis. Plumbing the air ride switches was a mare, all very tight behind centre console. Started to mod the front metal headliner, next job is wire in radio and interior light fitted to it.   

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2022, 02:24:47 pm »
Doing bits and bobs, managed to get the hoses for the air ride struts shortened yesterday at the Agri place over the road. waiting on some connectors now to fit the push fittings on the ends and then I can make up some clamps to hold inner ends to chassis. Plumbing the air ride switches was a mare, all very tight behind centre console. Started to mod the front metal headliner, next job is wire in radio and interior light fitted to it.   

Nice one.
I'm just working on anew daily, hope to be on the road before Christmas. Just gotta weld in new arches

Tags: