General Discussions > Hobbies

drag racing ?hot rods

<< < (23/27) > >>

davina61:
Yup, I have run out of funds so its just whatever I can for peanuts now. Engine out and striped down to see what is needed next.

davina61:
Stripped the Omega engine that had the timing belt guide roller failure, more damage than I had hoped. 4 obviously bent intake valves and 3 very slight bent ones that showed up by lapping and 2 split valve guides and a bent conrod. Also the oil cooler that sits in the water jacket in the V has leaked oil and the water ways are full of oily sludge thats hard to remove. Will have to go and ask Fred at Malvern Rebore prices and availability, only oil cooler I found on the bay was £345!!!!   

Rachel_Christina:

--- Quote from: davina61 on October 05, 2022, 02:33:02 am ---Stripped the Omega engine that had the timing belt guide roller failure, more damage than I had hoped. 4 obviously bent intake valves and 3 very slight bent ones that showed up by lapping and 2 split valve guides and a bent conrod. Also the oil cooler that sits in the water jacket in the V has leaked oil and the water ways are full of oily sludge thats hard to remove. Will have to go and ask Fred at Malvern Rebore prices and availability, only oil cooler I found on the bay was £345!!!!

--- End quote ---

Yeah honestly if it an interference engine, there really is no way of avoiding this damage once timing is lost.
Night be better sourcing and engine.
All these guides, valves, pistons and rods is gonna push build costs way up.
Probably have to go with upgraded after market stuff too

davina61:
Scored 3 piston and rods and a cyl head of the bay from same place, he said the 3L engines are hard to come by now. Cost me £170-----------

Rachel_Christina:

--- Quote from: davina61 on October 06, 2022, 02:40:02 am ---Scored 3 piston and rods and a cyl head of the bay from same place, he said the 3L engines are hard to come by now. Cost me £170-----------

--- End quote ---

Not to bad then so!!
I'm away to the garage now. Got trailing arms to put back together

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version