General Discussions > Hobbies

drag racing ?hot rods

<< < (25/27) > >>

davina61:
Best of luck dear, may your spatter be low and full penetration!!!

Rachel_Christina:
🤣🤣🤣 thanks!! :'3

Rachel_Christina:
Spatter has been relatively low thank you Davina.
This is my first time really going at body work. And fine metal at that. I'm welding in 18 gauge. But car is definitely 20-22 gauge.
I did not want to have to replace any of the actual outer body panels, but had to do a small triangle that had been filled nearly and inch thick with <not allowed> welds.
Most of the lower bits and sill are all under a plastic side skirt so really doesn't matter how I do that.
Just need to drill a hole and square it off for the side skirt clip.
Hopefully start the inner arch this weekend.

And here is the rest of her before I started anything after an underbody wash. Rust was highly localised to the inner arches and sills at the rear only.

I do have one breakline to redo as the steal line just followed the nut off lol.
Not a big deal though, I enjoy doing break lines

davina61:
Look at Bad Chad to see how to weld without distortion, just spot and cool with airline and skip about the panel to keep heat out. Can you run .6 wire as you will get a better weld on thin <not allowed>. Never got.6 to work on my welder.

Rachel_Christina:

--- Quote from: davina61 on November 24, 2022, 02:30:16 pm ---Look at Bad Chad to see how to weld without distortion, just spot and cool with airline and skip about the panel to keep heat out. Can you run .6 wire as you will get a better weld on thin <not allowed>. Never got.6 to work on my welder.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I been keeping this very cool!.
I can't have distortion!.
I can switch to .6mm with my machine.
I might try it, but so far this has been going very well
I might get a small drum and try a day.
Also would love to try an argon mix.
But when grinding 90% of the welds away anyway I'm not sure it's worth it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page