General Discussions > Hobbies

drag racing ?hot rods

<< < (26/27) > >>

davina61:
My winter fuel payment came in so of course bought a head gasket set and some head bolts!! Taking the second hand head I got to be skimmed today then I can put the top end together once the valves turn up.

Rachel_Christina:
Did you actually get that winter fuel payment Davina?
Got nothing yet here in NI.
Nice to get a few bits though.
I'm freezing at the moment most nights.
Luckily it has got slightly milder this last couple days

davina61:
Yes 500, 190 for gasket set and head bolts and 40 for head skim. Trouble is it's 200 for a cambelt kit, still need water pump and thermostat and an oil cooler as cant find one in this part of the world inc Europe. You can get them from the states as Omega sold as a Chevy, a lot of faff and not cheap.
 You need one of those heated wraps to stay warm, no good for working but great at night!! 

Rachel_Christina:

--- Quote from: davina61 on December 01, 2022, 01:32:51 pm ---Yes 500, 190 for gasket set and head bolts and 40 for head skim. Trouble is it's 200 for a cambelt kit, still need water pump and thermostat and an oil cooler as cant find one in this part of the world inc Europe. You can get them from the states as Omega sold as a Chevy, a lot of faff and not cheap.
 You need one of those heated wraps to stay warm, no good for working but great at night!!

--- End quote ---

Yeah bringing anything in from the states is a nightmare.
I hope we get that heat payment soon!

davina61:
It has been way to cold to go to my unit but looks like Monday we are having a "heat" wave, valve guides done on r/h cyl head and the 2 intake valves turned up as well as grub screws to block of air injection holes in head. Just need to lap in intakes and assemble, then it can go on. Cam belt setting tool coming, just need a belt kit, water pump and thermostat. still not found an oil cooler so might have to fit a remote.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version