General Discussions > Hobbies

drag racing ?hot rods

<< < (18/25) > >>

Nora Kay:

--- Quote from: davina61 on April 07, 2022, 03:02:44 pm ---Well I am getting fed up doing body work welding but its getting less (did I say I hate bodywork) , run out of welding gas again (20L bottle) and that's £80 ! Still the wings and bonnet fit now after many days fiddling .

--- End quote ---

Yup I think you might have mentioned it once or twice that you are not fond of bodywork. Lol

Nora Kay:
Ugh. Not sure if I need more Freon or if I should take it in. I don’t have AC tools. All I can do is ad Freon. Which I did. Had absolutely none in it. Took the whole can. Was in the green. But without the proper gauges and hoses I have no clue of the real condition. But if I buy the vacuum pump and hoses I could charge all 3 cars.

davina61:
Still welding but very nearly done (I hope!) , just sorting out the tail gates . Soon be on the filler and hope to have it painted by autumn

Rachel_Christina:

--- Quote from: davina61 on May 11, 2022, 02:10:22 am ---Still welding but very nearly done (I hope!) , just sorting out the tail gates . Soon be on the filler and hope to have it painted by autumn

--- End quote ---

You'll get there.

I have my front suspension components all pretty much ready for paint.
All that's left is upper A arm but will likely go custom.
Traction bar is an innovative mount unit. Not pictured.

Devlyn:
We've redone all the wiring in the  trunk of the Rambler (brake lights, turn signals, running lights, and license plate lamp). Before there were splices and electrical tape everywhere. Now it's all intact and back in the main harness.

The carpet and seats are out. There's some fiberglass repairs to be done on the  rear interior panels that house the window cranks and the hydraulic rams for the ragtop.

We repaired the seat adjuster on the driver's seat, it was missing the spring. We're ready to put the seat belts in, the car is a '66 and  they weren't required equipment then.

The padding that goes under the carpet arrived today, so we can cut that to size.

The car wouldn't start after sitting this winter, so we poked around under the hood. No spark, turns out the contacts on the  points were stuck together and the arm was moving without one of the contacts. We decided to bite the bullet and bring in an HEI system and do away with the points and condenser entirely.

The brake pressure sensor was no good, that arrived yesterday.

Radiator needs a flush and fill, then we should be able to take it out on the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version