Author Topic: drag racing ?hot rods  (Read 9511 times)

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
Re: drag racing ?hot rods
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2022, 12:15:27 pm »
Well we got the Teg out , my lad wants to restore it so its on his drive. Now the Austin is in the middle of unit I have been able to crack on but getting fed up with welding and grinding body panels. I dont think there is a part thats not been modified , reshaped wings where they fit to bonnet at rear to get rid of that annoying tringle gap they all have and then had to raise rear of inner wing to match . Oh well it will be done one day , then the filling starts .

Hahaha it's a tight old road.
I'm waiting on paperwork back on my new wagon.
Need it registered UK before I pull the engine incase they want to test me for emissions.
Running gear is all completed and ready to drop in.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2022, 09:55:21 pm »
Ok I’m hooked you gals. I want to see that Honda when it’s all done. As well as the countryman. I think I am going to wait until after our cruise to Greece before I put the wheels on my Jaguar X-Type. Don’t want it sitting out for 11-12 days with brand spanking new wheels in it. Now I have to decide if I want to sort the emissions on it myself or take it in. I just don’t think I have the patience for putting it thru it’s drive cycles. It passed the emission part but the computer stays not ready yet. So annoying. At least I have a computer to check if it’s ready so I don’t have to keep taking it in to see if it passes. Had to buy it for the Mini Cooper when I took the passenger seat out to haul some 2x4’s. Being the wagon it can haul some long boards with the passenger seat out. But the airbag light stays on and you need a computer to clear it.

Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2022, 09:59:22 pm »

She is a 2002 X-Type 3.0 Once I get the suspension sorted I am going to fit some headers off a Ford contour. And move the converters off of the side of the block. So much heat attached to the block. Plus headers will give a couple more horses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2022, 02:25:53 pm »

She is a 2002 X-Type 3.0 Once I get the suspension sorted I am going to fit some headers off a Ford contour. And move the converters off of the side of the block. So much heat attached to the block. Plus headers will give a couple more horses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one, full system and keep the Cats only for testing time.
Might not be possible though, depending where you live nowadays.
In the UK my Supra is sitting around 400hp double decat and they let me through everytime!.

As regards the Honda, she got insured yesterday and is now waiting on MOT via cancellations (hopefully Sunday 🙏)
Then Send documents off to Swansea and money for Tax and she is registered in the UK.
Then the K swapping can really begin!

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2022, 03:02:44 pm »
Well I am getting fed up doing body work welding but its getting less (did I say I hate bodywork) , run out of welding gas again (20L bottle) and that's £80 ! Still the wings and bonnet fit now after many days fiddling .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2022, 07:29:45 pm »
Well I am getting fed up doing body work welding but its getting less (did I say I hate bodywork) , run out of welding gas again (20L bottle) and that's £80 ! Still the wings and bonnet fit now after many days fiddling .

Yup I think you might have mentioned it once or twice that you are not fond of bodywork. Lol

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2022, 07:34:46 pm »
Ugh. Not sure if I need more Freon or if I should take it in. I don’t have AC tools. All I can do is ad Freon. Which I did. Had absolutely none in it. Took the whole can. Was in the green. But without the proper gauges and hoses I have no clue of the real condition. But if I buy the vacuum pump and hoses I could charge all 3 cars.

Offline davina61

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2022, 02:10:22 am »
Still welding but very nearly done (I hope!) , just sorting out the tail gates . Soon be on the filler and hope to have it painted by autumn

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2022, 03:42:28 pm »
Still welding but very nearly done (I hope!) , just sorting out the tail gates . Soon be on the filler and hope to have it painted by autumn

You'll get there.

I have my front suspension components all pretty much ready for paint.
All that's left is upper A arm but will likely go custom.
Traction bar is an innovative mount unit. Not pictured.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2022, 04:26:53 pm »
We've redone all the wiring in the  trunk of the Rambler (brake lights, turn signals, running lights, and license plate lamp). Before there were splices and electrical tape everywhere. Now it's all intact and back in the main harness.

The carpet and seats are out. There's some fiberglass repairs to be done on the  rear interior panels that house the window cranks and the hydraulic rams for the ragtop.

We repaired the seat adjuster on the driver's seat, it was missing the spring. We're ready to put the seat belts in, the car is a '66 and  they weren't required equipment then.

The padding that goes under the carpet arrived today, so we can cut that to size.

The car wouldn't start after sitting this winter, so we poked around under the hood. No spark, turns out the contacts on the  points were stuck together and the arm was moving without one of the contacts. We decided to bite the bullet and bring in an HEI system and do away with the points and condenser entirely.

The brake pressure sensor was no good, that arrived yesterday.

Radiator needs a flush and fill, then we should be able to take it out on the road.
Veteran, US Army

Offline davina61

« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2022, 03:25:32 am »
Yes HEI is a good move, will start easier and run cleaner . Have fun in the sun Thelma and Louise !!!

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2022, 07:07:36 am »
Yes HEI is a good move, will start easier and run cleaner . Have fun in the sun Thelma and Louise !!!

You bet we will!  :)
Veteran, US Army

Tags: