General Discussions > Judaism

Complete ignorance concerning Judaism

<< < (2/3) > >>

mac1:
FTMax you failed to mention Messianic Judaism. They believe in Jesus.

My understanding of the dietary laws is that they were essential for the time due to sanitary an food preservation concerns, and have retained based on tradition.

cheryl reeves:
Actually messianic Jews follow the teachings of Yehoshua ben Yosef the true heir to the throne of David through his father Yosef ben Yaa'Kov. The teachings of Yehoshua are found throughout the TaNaK which Christians say is done away with. I'm a messianic Israelite and am a follower of The Way/Torah for in the kingdom we will follow the Torah of Yehuah the elohym of Israel. Eating swine is like Eating vulture both are toxic too human's,I did a teaching on this 12 yrs ago and a lot of believers quit the swine.

Jennifer RachaelAnn:

--- Quote from: Raell on April 11, 2017, 04:58:19 am ---Like most things, you can google all that information in minutes.

The Jewish eating customs you mentioned are from the Torah, Old Testament laws, which are also in the Christian Bible, although most Christians seldom read it.

Why pork is banned; certain kinds of meat were unclean to Jews. From Leviticus 11:6-7, NKJV. “the hare, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; and the swine, though it divides the hoof, having cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud, is unclean to you.”

Rule for keeping dairy and meat separate comes from this law in Exodus 23:19  “You shall not boil a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

Information on Hanakkah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah

Information on Yom Kippur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom_Kippur

--- End quote ---

I know I could have googled them, but I wanted to "get it straight from the horses mouth" so to say. I figured that someone who is Jewish would be best to start a study with. I mean there is so much misinformation on all subjects online, I was worried I would find an article that spoke a bit harshly, think it was written by someone who is Jewish, then find out later it was written by someone who is antisemitic. And I don't in the least want anything to do with something like that. I want to learn the truth and reality of whatever I'm interested in at that current moment in time, be it religion, politics, auto mechanics, or whatever has my attention.

I just don't want to come across as an idiot, or have that misinformation and royally offend the wrong people.

Jennifer RachaelAnn

ftmax:

--- Quote from: mac1 on April 11, 2017, 11:51:07 am ---FTMax you failed to mention Messianic Judaism. They believe in Jesus.

--- End quote ---

I purposefully did not, because none of the three main branches of Judaism consider Messianic Jews to be Jews.

cheryl reeves:
Why has some of my posts on this thread been deleted? They weren't inflammatory to anyone in this thread at least I hope it wasn't,if so I apologize to whomever I hurt in my posting on this thread. I thought on religious stuff we could talk freely,I'm sorry I didn't know I had to parrot what society can handle. I'm a certified teacher of the Way and love to talk about the complete TaNaK and Yehoshua ben Yosef the messiah of Israel and the nation's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version