General Discussions > Sports

Red Wings All the Way

(1/2) > >>

Jennifer RachaelAnn:
Is anyone else out there a hockey nut? What's your team? Obviously I worship the Detroit Red Wings. Pavel Datsyuk was always my favorite player. Not just for Detroit, but the whole league. Niklas Lidstrom was just as amazing, but I think there may be a reason they called Datsyuk "The Magician". I remember seeing him make the most unbelievable move I have ever seen. He was moving to the right of the goal with the puck, going a million miles an hour, pulled the puck around behind him, shot a backwards shot from behind, and scored. I've never seen anything like it. I don't know if any of the legends (think Wayne Gretzsky) have ever made a move like that.

One thing I won't watch again is the all star game. I mean a couple years ago I made it a point to watch the game. It seemed everyone on the ice forgot how to play hockey. Especially the goalies! The final score was 19-11. 19-11! When a 5 point game is a severely high scoring game, the "all star" game made me sick. Everyone was like "oh I'm sorry, you can have the puck if you want it." "oh I wouldn't dream of taking the puck from you."

Gag me with a hockey stick!

dbzfanemily32:
I'm a major hockey addict! Although it's been hard to watch the last few years as an Avs fan :( . Current favorite player is Matt Duchene, all time is Peter Forsberg.

Cheaney:
I live in a state where basketball is religion so I never really watched hockey. But I started watching about mid way through the season and I am hooked! I'm having withdraws already for next season. I'm a Penguins fan. I know, bandwagon, I know. But the first guy I saw play hockey when I was a kid was Mario Lemieux. Of course, I'm going to be a fan of the team he played for and owns now. Ready to see the Pens 3Peat next year!

N A:
Count me in!

Since it's off-season there's little hockey to watch now but if someone puts up a thread in October and wants to talk hockey, I promise I'll drop by for a chat.


--- Quote from: VickieBlue on July 02, 2017, 12:56:02 am ---I'm a Penguins fan. I know, bandwagon, I know. But the first guy I saw play hockey when I was a kid was Mario Lemieux. Of course, I'm going to be a fan of the team he played for and owns now. Ready to see the Pens 3Peat next year!

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the club  ;D For me it's Pens all the way. I've been a fan a bit longer though, since before the Sully era. #71 was the one that did the trick for me. I guess that Crosby guy is good at hockey, too.

In addition to 3peat, one of the things I'm looking forward to next season is to see Sprong play. He did play in 2015 when Johnston was the head coach, think it was too early of an NHL debut for him at that point but the team was one huge dumpster fire the first half of that season anyway. I'd like to see him again now.


--- Quote from: Jennifer RachaelAnn on April 13, 2017, 08:27:46 pm ---Obviously I worship the Detroit Red Wings. Pavel Datsyuk was always my favorite player. Not just for Detroit, but the whole league. Niklas Lidstrom was just as amazing, but I think there may be a reason they called Datsyuk "The Magician". I remember seeing him make the most unbelievable move I have ever seen. He was moving to the right of the goal with the puck, going a million miles an hour, pulled the puck around behind him, shot a backwards shot from behind, and scored. I've never seen anything like it.

--- End quote ---

I don't much care for the Wings but Pavs is the man. I know he plays for SKA St. Petersburg for now but I have to admit I haven't been following how he's been doing there.


--- Quote from: Jennifer RachaelAnn on April 13, 2017, 08:27:46 pm ---One thing I won't watch again is the all star game. I mean a couple years ago I made it a point to watch the game. It seemed everyone on the ice forgot how to play hockey. Especially the goalies! The final score was 19-11. 19-11! When a 5 point game is a severely high scoring game, the "all star" game made me sick. Everyone was like "oh I'm sorry, you can have the puck if you want it." "oh I wouldn't dream of taking the puck from you."

--- End quote ---

Was this the one where "fans" voted in John Scott as a huge f you to Gary Bettman?
Either way, ASG is a joke, I wouldn't watch it either.

Cheaney:

--- Quote from: N A on July 02, 2017, 03:14:40 am ---Count me in!

Since it's off-season there's little hockey to watch now but if someone puts up a thread in October and wants to talk hockey, I promise I'll drop by for a chat.

Welcome to the club  ;D For me it's Pens all the way. I've been a fan a bit longer though, since before the Sully era. #71 was the one that did the trick for me. I guess that Crosby guy is good at hockey, too.

In addition to 3peat, one of the things I'm looking forward to next season is to see Sprong play. He did play in 2015 when Johnston was the head coach, think it was too early of an NHL debut for him at that point but the team was one huge dumpster fire the first half of that season anyway. I'd like to see him again now.

--- End quote ---

Right on! Geno is my favorite too(current team)! Yeah the Crosby guy is kinda good isn't he? I know it got a lot of flack but I love the Ryan Reaves trade. He's a better hockey player than people think and not just an enforcer. And I'd like to see more Carter Rowney whether it's C or W. Just gives a different energy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version