Author Topic: Medical support in Melbourne  (Read 238 times)

Offline bronlee

Medical support in Melbourne
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:29:00 am »
I have just moved to Melbourne and I am looking for medical support for HRT and assessment for GCS. Could any of you who live in Melbourne recommend medical practioners who follow the 'informed consent' protocol, please?

Offline AnonyMs

Re: Medical support in Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:57:03 am »
I'm in Sydney, so not really clear in what's available there, but I don't think there's informed consent.

Search for Northside Clinic and Prahran Market Clinic.

Offline kelly_aus

• Post-Trans-Rebel
  • The Post-Trans-Rebel returns..
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 06:25:20 pm »
Northside and Prarhan Market Clinic will both refer to you have at least 1 session with a therapist, mostly to make sure any other issues are well managed. If you are looking for a surgical referral, either of these would be my option. You need to get a referral from an appropriately qualified psychologist or psychiatrist for that - there is no Informed Consent when it comes to surgical referrals.

As far as walking in to a random GP and walking out with a prescription? It probably happens, but you might have to try quite a few GP's before you find one that will. As I had already been on hormones for several years, I found that my local GP was happy to prescribe.
I'm blunt, cynical and sometimes outright rude.. I don't sugar coat stuff..
Yes, I'm non-binary.. No, that doesn't invalidate your femininity/masculinity.

Offline bronlee

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 06:28:26 am »
Thank you very much to both of you for your prompt response. I will check out both clinics.
Hugs,
Bronwen.

Tags: