Activism and Politics > Politics

Do you think your country would elected a trans* person to its highest office?

<< < (8/13) > >>

GingerVicki:

--- Quote from: Dietlind on December 16, 2018, 09:34:35 pm ---Let's just hope that the orange comb over guy will not get a hold of this information!  If he sees that Clinton did that, he will go nuts about it!

Miss Spain is a transgender woman, and she is running in the Miss Universe contest today!

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2018/12/15/first-transgender-woman-to-contest-miss-universe-in-bangkok-is-from-spain/
--- End quote ---

He can only do so much especially since the House is Blue. The US just pulled out of Yemen right. Straight burn.

But back to the topic at hand. Heck yea. That is what I am talking about. She is pretty.

Devlyn:

--- Quote from: Dietlind on December 16, 2018, 09:34:35 pm ---Let's just hope that the orange comb over guy will not get a hold of this information!  If he sees that Clinton did that, he will go nuts about it!

Miss Spain is a transgender woman, and she is running in the Miss Universe contest today!

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2018/12/15/first-transgender-woman-to-contest-miss-universe-in-bangkok-is-from-spain/

--- End quote ---

Really slippery slope to go down picking on people for their physical appearance. As a community, that opens us up to a lot of pushback. Orange is the recommended shade to cover beard shadow, after all.

It's also a form of body shaming. Not cool.

Attack the policies, not the person.

Linde:

--- Quote from: Devlyn on December 17, 2018, 01:36:34 am ---Really slippery slope to go down picking on people for their physical appearance. As a community, that opens us up to a lot of pushback. Orange is the recommended shade to cover beard shadow, after all.

It's also a form of body shaming. Not cool.

Attack the policies, not the person.

--- End quote ---
It's easy for you to say!  You don't have to live with him as your leader! This person does not have any policies, he just says and does what comes into his mind!

Devlyn:

--- Quote from: Dietlind on December 17, 2018, 09:21:27 am ---It's easy for you to say!  You don't have to live with him as your leader! This person does not have any policies, he just says and does what comes into his mind!

--- End quote ---

I'm a US citizen currently visiting the UK. President Trump is my leader, and my military training taught me that you respect the office. My maturity has taught me not to use playground bully tactics, and pick on people's appearances. My involvement with the transgender community has taught me that we live in glass houses in this regard, and shouldn't throw stones.

Linde:

--- Quote from: Devlyn on December 17, 2018, 09:29:03 am ---I'm a US citizen currently visiting the UK. President Trump is my leader, and my military training taught me that you respect the office. My maturity has taught me not to use playground bully tactics, and pick on people's appearances. My involvement with the transgender community has taught me that we live in glass houses in this regard, and shouldn't throw stones.

--- End quote ---
See, there we have a difference.  I do not have any military training, and was thus not trained to blindly follow orders of whoever considers him or herself to be the leader!

My scientific training taught me to never accept anything as given, and to question anybody and any theses.  And using these term the orange com over, I just used terms that are common place among many people, and I blend into the crowd.  If anybody makes fun of peoples disability, it is that person, and he is the one who is sitting in the glass house and is trowing stones at anybody in his way!

Anyway, you and I feel different about this, and I hope that he leaves us alone, because people like I (XXY) seem not to exist for him anyway!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version