General Discussions > Buddhism

What kind of Buddhist are you?

(1/2) > >>

Nari:
I'm super stoked that there is a Buddhism spirituality section on this forum and after reading through a lot of threads it seems like there are quite a few Buddhists in this community...

I am Soto Zen, Lineage of Taisen Deshimaru. 

But I would like to know what sect/lineages are everyone else?  :)

Nami Dofu.

Jane Emily:

--- Quote from: Nari on May 16, 2017, 11:49:17 am ---I'm super stoked that there is a Buddhism spirituality section on this forum and after reading through a lot of threads it seems like there are quite a few Buddhists in this community...

I am Soto Zen, Lineage of Taisen Deshimaru. 

But I would like to know what sect/lineages are everyone else?  :)

Nami Dofu.

--- End quote ---

I really don't have a denomination.  I just am.

Nari:
So how do you practice? 

KathyLauren:
I am a fairly non-denominational Mahayana Buddhist.  Most of my practice over the years has been in the Tibetan Karma Kagyu tradition.  The closest groups to me now are all Shambhala, but it's a bit of a drive to any of them, so I just meditate on my own.

Paul Muad-Dib:
I read a lot about Buddhism back in the day, especially Japanese Zen and how it can be applied to all sort of activities and art forms.

I could not call myself a Buddhist but I have taken some of the wisdom and incorporated it into my worldview over the years, and used some of it as a method of dealing with stress and transience, which has been very useful. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version