News and Events > Comments and suggestions

fluctuations in what unread posts are displayed.

(1/2) > >>

Laurie:
Hi,

I do not know if I am seeing a problem with the site or whether it is from some other cause but I am seeing wide fluctuations in what unread post listings. This happens between log ins. I'll go off line with 3 or 4  pages of unread posts and the next time I log in there are 2 pages. It seems to be occurring more recently but has been happening for awhile now.
  For an example last night when I logged off there were 4 pages and when I logged in today there were only two. Now I am sure I wasn't logging in and reading those missing posts in my sleep. I can even get more specific with a couple of the missing threads.... My road trip thread and HappyMoni's surgery thread were both on the unread list before I logged out and were not there there morning.
    Whatever is happening it is annoying. Can anyone explaing what is going on?

Hugs,
    Laurie

kelly_aus:
The link at the top of the page only displays unread posts since your last visit..

Devlyn:
It's probably a rogue admin meddling with your account settings to make you think you're going crazy...  >:-)

<running away>

Dena:
Constructing the screen requires a good deal of cross linking in the data base for each user. Because of storage requirements and overhead maintaining it, Susan clears the list at least once a day and sometimes twice a day. One clearing seems to happen around 8-9 AM server time and the other if it happens occurs in the afternoon server time.

AnneK:

--- Quote ---in the afternoon server time.
--- End quote ---

What time zone is the server in?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version