Author Topic: Trying to Sleep Comfortably with Growing Breasts  (Read 1405 times)

Shellie Hart

Trying to Sleep Comfortably with Growing Breasts
« on: July 15, 2017, 09:08:39 pm »
I asked a similar question months ago on a small forum and got a few interesting answers. I am curious if anyone else has had this "problem" like I have. I know some have. Likely this has been asked before. I hope I am in the right place for this question (I am new here).

Anyway, I have been on HRT for over 14 months and have had really nice results, especially breast growth. My little problem in recent months is trying to get comfortable sleeping on my stomach with these new breasts that really poke out and feels like I have a couple large sponges pressed against my chest. This has always been my most comfortable sleeping position (till now). It can get really uncomfortable after a while and requires me to change position. I sleep naked so I can move around without much hassle :-\.

I did purchase a nice 2" mattress pad that helped for awhile. But as my breasts grew even more, I am dealing with it much more so than before. Maybe cut a couple round holes in the pad to help reduce pressure (hate to do this - the pad was pricey!)? So, any comments on how you handle this would be nice.

Online Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
Re: Trying to Sleep Comfortably with Growing Breasts
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 09:54:51 pm »
I normally sleep on my side but if I sleep on my stomach, I move the masses around where they are comfortable. The other solution is a bunch of correctly place pillows. It's also possible to place your arms so they support your body but if you move around very much, that solution isn't going to last long.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use dena@susans.org or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber

Online Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 10:16:38 pm »
You may want to learn to conveniently place your arms in such a fashion as to decrease the body weight being on your breasts. I can tolerate sleeping on my stomach for up to about 20 minutes, but then have to roll over. Even sleeping on your side, arm placement will be important in order to sleep without too much pressure on your breasts.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

Offline ozpkm

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 10:28:58 pm »
It took a while but I got used to sleeping on my side. When you really need to be on your stomach try having your elbows at your sides which takes pressure off the top of your chest.

Offline noleen111

• Family
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 05:49:17 am »
Sleeping on your stomach is out.. especially when they are sensitive. I had to learn to sleep on my side or back.. I did find when my breast were going through a growth spurt, I wore a sport bra to bed to help support and shield them.. but still no stomach sleeping

Now that my breasts are all grown, sleeping on my stomach is strange now, as it feels like you sleeping with two small cushions on your chest (I have 36D breasts)..

Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Dan

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 06:23:55 am »
You may want to learn to conveniently place your arms in such a fashion as to decrease the body weight being on your breasts. I can tolerate sleeping on my stomach for up to about 20 minutes, but then have to roll over. Even sleeping on your side, arm placement will be important in order to sleep without too much pressure on your breasts.

I can vouch for this technique. I use it all the time because my left breast is very fibrous and painful to touch, plus I'm a stomach sleeper also.

The alternative, which has also been suggested above, is to place a pillow such that it lifts your upper arm and shoulder just enough to reduce pressure on the little darlings. One side the pillow, and the other side can be supported by your arm. At least you will fall asleep on your stomach, and after that I'm sure your body  will probably be in other configurations.

Online KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 06:26:40 am »
I usually sleep on my side.  But if I am having a hard time falling asleep, I have to sleep on my stomach - it's the only position that works.  My breats aren't big enough to move out of the way, so it's hard to find a position that doesn't hurt.

One tip I learned in a similar thread was to move my pillow so it comes down to my shoulders, just above my breasts.  That way, it lifts my shoulders and takes the weight off the boobs.  Unfortunately, my pillow is too fluffy for me to sleep face-down on it (I used to not use a pillow when sleeping face-down), so I tend to suffocate.  I'm still looking for a pillow or pad with enough firmness to support my weight but flat enough that I won't suffocate.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS

Offline judithlynn

• Transgender Woman
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 09:42:23 am »
Since my breasts came to 44C I have found the best way to sleep is on my side with a bolster between my legs and between my breasts. You can cuddle up to it and quickly fall asleep. Obviously if you are lucky enough to have another woman in bed with you, then you can sleep spooning each other. This is great when you both have luxuriously silky soft skin. as there is nothing like the feelings of breast on breast.
Judith
:-*
Hugs

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 09:58:37 am »
I just sleep with pillows stuffed under my belly and shoulder lol
My boobs are tiny but still annoying

Shellie Hart

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 10:15:10 am »
I just sleep with pillows stuffed under my belly and shoulder lol
My boobs are tiny but still annoying
This is what I have been trying to do for a while now. For a long time I managed to prop pillows and shove my breasts around till the pressure lessened. I could get reasonably comfortable to sleep like this for an hour or so. But I have had a significant growth spurt and now I feel the big lumps no matter which way I prop things. I went from a nearly flat chest to C-cups now (even though the bra-fitting websites keep insisting I am D or DD) and I have had to change my sleep patterns quite a bit. I guess I will keep doing the trial and error thing for now. Thanks again...

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 10:28:14 am »
From flat to a Couple, that's great.
I am like AA so maybe that's why it still works for me, hopefully that spurt happens though. Give me atleast an A or B
I'm sure you will figure it out aswell

Offline Talita

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 10:51:36 am »
Hi

You could just get into the habit of sleeping on your back.

I used to sleep on my stomach with my head turned to one side until, after some 25 years, I developed neck pain. The chiropractor only figured the pain and the treatment out after taking Xrays. I now sleep on my back using a very soft pillow so that my head doesn't easily flop from side to side. My pillow is so soft that my head rests about 10mm above the mattress.

Of course this may start you snoring but that' another topic altogether.

Regards
Talita

Offline AnneK

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 11:03:36 am »

You could just get into the habit of sleeping on your back.

That's something I just can't do.  I sleep on my side.  The last time I managed to sleep on my back was in 1994, after surgery, loaded up with pain killers and with an IV stuck in my arm.  I was just too out of it to worry about what position I was sleeping in.

I also threw up on the nurse, but that's another story.   :)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Shellie Hart

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 11:54:13 am »
From flat to a Couple, that's great.
I am like AA so maybe that's why it still works for me, hopefully that spurt happens though. Give me atleast an A or B
I'm sure you will figure it out aswell

Well, when I do wear a bra it is almost always one of my B-cups. Fits nice and snug. C bras are a tad loose most times. So I am sure the bra-fitting sites don't size me correctly...

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 12:00:08 pm »
Aw they are always pretty much off, you just gotta try em on. Plus different brands are always slightly different

Online Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 09:12:59 pm »
This is what I have been trying to do for a while now. For a long time I managed to prop pillows and shove my breasts around till the pressure lessened. I could get reasonably comfortable to sleep like this for an hour or so. But I have had a significant growth spurt and now I feel the big lumps no matter which way I prop things. I went from a nearly flat chest to C-cups now (even though the bra-fitting websites keep insisting I am D or DD) and I have had to change my sleep patterns quite a bit. I guess I will keep doing the trial and error thing for now. Thanks again...

This might be off topic. However, I prefer to shop for bras personally. Most 36C fit comfortably,  but I have to go with 36D with Danskin. I do not sleep in them.
Normally, I sleep on my side in a fetal position, with an arm curled up next to me, to keep pressure off the twins.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016