Activism and Politics > Hate

Has anyone ever been called Caitlyn Jenner?

(1/4) > >>

stephrett1:
So I work in construction and people are starting to notice some changes but so far nobody has directly said anything negative to me about my appearance; as I now am 50pnds lighter, shave everyday, wear earrings, and have grown my hair out. But today I ran into a truck driver who frequently drops material off at our shop and he called me Caitlyn. I played it off like no biggie but I felt embarrassed. Honestly I don't know why although Caitlyn Jenner doesn't necessarily reflect my opinions on everything I have to say she has made an impact on trans awareness. What do you all think? Insult? Or Compliment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deborah:
Yes.  I have been called that a while back.  Since it was a friend I took it as neither insult nor compliment but rather just normal banter or perhaps fishing for an explanation.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote

Devlyn:
Welcome to Susan's Place, Stephrett! There's every likelihood that Caitlyn has been, is currently, or will be a member of this site. I wonder how she'd reply here?

Hugs, Devlyn

stephrett1:

--- Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 27, 2017, 11:09:25 am ---Welcome to Susan's Place, Stephrett! There's every likelihood that Caitlyn has been, is currently, or will be a member of this site. I wonder how she'd reply here?

Hugs, Devlyn

--- End quote ---
Very true, I hadn't thought of that....although re-reading what I posted I can see how it could be taken as negative however I surely didn't mean anything by it. So Caitlyn if you're reading this no offense. But in the real world people would and will use that to make a slight against somebody who looks feminine or different. I suppose what I'm looking for is how the ladies here handle such comments because let's face it we are a target for  heckling and teasing. Maybe I'll just delete this post

stephrett1:
Let me rephrase the question how do you ladies handle the heckling and teasing you get from family friends and co-workers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version