Author Topic: Trump lawyers back Colorado baker who turned away same-sex couple  (Read 184 times)

Offline AnneK

• Family
Trump lawyers back Colorado baker who turned away same-sex couple
« on: September 07, 2017, 08:51:45 pm »
Acting Solicitor Gen. Jeffrey B. Wall filed a friend-of-the-court brief arguing that the cake maker’s rights to speech and the free exercise of religion should prevail over a Colorado civil-rights law that forbids discrimination based on sexual orientation.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/09/07/trump-lawyers-back-colorado-baker-who-turned-away-same-sex-couple.html

The Star/by David G Savage
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:18:58 pm by stephaniec »
I'm a 63 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.  I am exploring where I want to take things and recently talked to my doctor about HRT.

Offline Janes Groove

• Jane's Groove
Re: Trump lawyers back Colorado baker who turned away same-sex couple
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 09:57:24 pm »
It's pretty obvious the Trump administration is a disaster for the LGBT community. Don't believe me?
Just take a look at the Susans.org home page.
Assigned Male at Birth - 1958
Came out, started living full time - Thanksgiving 2015
Started HRT - 5-27-2016

Estrogen HRT = the surprising arrival of a rainbow within me.

Offline Vanny

• Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 02:52:14 am »
Please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ericca

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 10:05:13 pm »
It's frustrating to hear this kinds of stories. Discrimination against the LGBT is real. It needs urgent attention and the government has the role of forwarding acceptance. Laws clash but the president can still do something. He should be the primary source of accepting rhetoric.

Unfortunately, he is obviously a bigot. His character manifests on his policies. Transgender welfare in the military, for example is at stake. I doubt that there is hope for Trump, but I believe in the power of the community. May we continue to be strong in this trying times.

Tags: