Author Topic: my plan for life  (Read 460 times)

Offline mil

my plan for life
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:51:26 am »
hey guys i have been told to make a plan for my future i live in iraq which is a dangerous country for gay community. i found myself so lucky cause i met a cute guy on net he lives in england we love eachother so much .my plan is travling to england and marrying him and stay with him in england. all this happens after college and graduation .is it a good plan??? is it possible for me to do that???

Offline Charlie Nicki

• MTF? Just another confused soul
  • Family
Re: my plan for life
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:34:08 am »
I'm not familiar with the laws in the UK but I'm guessing you could definitely do that. So you are currently living as a gay man and want to transition? Does he know that?

MaryT

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 12:07:55 pm »
Britain has become pretty strict with regard to immigration.  If you are in danger in Iraq from being gay or trans, you could apply to Britain for refugee status.  Your boyfriend in England should be able to find out more about how you could emigrate to Britain.

Offline mil

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 01:12:04 pm »
he said he could apply citizenship for me

Offline mil

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 01:13:18 pm »
what should I do if they don't grabt me refuge status I swear I will get killed

MaryT

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:11:31 pm »
I cannot make promises when I am not making the decisions, but I would be very surprised if you were not granted refugee status as a gay or transgender person entering Britain from Iraq.  In your original post, you identified yourself as part of the gay community.  According to the article "LGBT in the Middle East", on Wikipedia, homosexuality is punishable by death in Iraq, so the British authorities already know that people like you are in great danger. 

You should only need to convince the British authorities that you are gay or transgender, to prove that you would be in life-threatening danger if you were returned to Iraq.  If your boyfriend keeps records of your correspondence, that would help. 

If your boyfriend can collect evidence of specific cases of gay or transgender people being killed, harmed or imprisoned in Iraq, that could also help.  I think that it might be dangerous for you if you collected documentary evidence yourself, and I hope that you know how to clear your Internet browsing history. 

I am sure that many people on Susan's Place will be praying for your success and safety.

Offline mil

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 11:35:02 pm »
thank you maryT

MaryT

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 08:52:20 am »
If you satisfy some criteria, you might even be allowed to settle in Britain without refugee status, although it would help your case a great deal.  In your original post, you mentioned college and graduation.  Having educational qualifications could also help in persuading the British authorities to rule in your favour. 

However, if you claim asylum as a refugee, have a good explanation ready if a British case worker asks why, if you were in danger, you waited until graduation before seeking asylum.  You might, for instance,  explain that you were living in constant fear of discovery, but thought it best to continue your studies until you and your boyfriend had enough money and information for you to travel to Britain.

As a "Newbie", I might not yet be allowed to link to external websites, but if you do a Google search with the words "UK Visas and Immigration - GOV.UK",  you will see a British Government web page with that heading and a gov.uk extension.  (I suggest that for now, you ignore the immigration lawyers ad that displays before the gov.uk website.  They might cost a great deal of money if you ask them to help.) 

On the "UK Visas and Immigration - GOV.UK" web page, you will see a number of helpful links, including "Visas, asylum and sponsorship" (which gives more information about seeking asylum as a refugee), "Settle in the UK" and "Immigration Rules".  I suggest that you and your boyfriend study the information on that website.

I will just show two important quotations from the website, about the asylum process:

"You must apply for asylum if you want to stay in the UK as a refugee.

To be eligible you must have left your country and be unable to go back because you fear persecution."

and

"You should apply when you arrive in the UK or as soon as you think it would be unsafe for you to return to your own country. Your application is more likely to be denied if you wait."

I hope that helps.

Offline mil

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 03:15:28 am »
maryt he said he can sponsor me for citizenship is it possible ????

MaryT

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 03:21:08 am »
You should be able to find out more about that on the website I mentioned.  I don't think that asylum seekers necessarily need sponsors, but having a sponsor might help regardless of whether you plan to seek asylum.

Offline mil

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 04:22:40 am »
maryt he says I don't need to seek asylum he marys me and he apply for me

MaryT

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 04:28:35 am »
That's great.  I hope that everything works out for you both.

Offline mil

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 05:40:24 am »
thank you darling maryt

Tags: