Author Topic: Hello  (Read 236 times)

Offline Bobbie Ann

Hello
« on: September 16, 2017, 03:30:50 pm »
This is really hard to tell you but...

Hello I am 59 and have been hiding who I really am for far too long.
I knew I was born in the wrong body as long as I can remember.
As a little child I used to cry inside when my sister would get pretty clothes to wear and I got drab boy's clothes.
I used to sneak and wear her clothes when no one was around but I got caught a few times and finally quit.
I hid who I really was from the world and tried my best growing up to try and fit in as a male.
I have had three failed marrages. They failed because I stupidly told them my secret. All throughout my life I have been struggling with my mixed up feelings. I can't count the times I have cried myself to sleep wondering why I was stuck in this body thinking that I was somehow being punished.
In 2015 I decided I had suffered enough and tried to end my life. Then I decided to be who I really am and started searching the internet for help. I found out I was transgender. August of this year I found a place in Memphis and called and set up an appointment for September. I am going to go and see a doctor there and hopefully I can start becoming the woman I always knew I was.

Offline Cure Bunny

• Friend
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 04:03:20 pm »
Hello Bobbie Ann

I am glad that you found yourself here and are becoming the woman you are. 

Keep flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Perle

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 04:46:30 pm »
I wish you well on your journey to becoming your true self. I'm so glad you made it through your depression and suicidal thoughts. Please seek the support of friends both on line and IRL so we can help if things get depressing or frustrating. Too many trans people die of suicide. Take it upon yourself to help guide someone else when you are ready. Nothing helps the self like helping another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Laurie

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »
Hi Bobbi,

I'm Laurie. mtf. Welcome to Susan's Place. (Hug) Do come on in. I understand exactly how you feel as I have been through the same as you listed minus 2 marriages and the addition of a few sisters. I had 5 to borrow from. I just recently lost my daughter ,son in law, and my 5 grand children due to her inability to accept who I am. Being transgender is at time really hard on a person. So my friend you are not alone. You have lots of folks here that can feel your pain. But hey! You're here now and I hope you come to like being a part of Susan's Place as I do. Our lives aren't all doom and gloom. In fact some of it is down right joyful.

I'm glad you've found us Bobbie. Take a look around and relax you're among friends. In the mean time I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site. Please take time to become familiar with them especially the RED one as we are always getting questions that are answered there.

Laurie
Global Moderator

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

“Sit with me, and I'll not be alone. Hold my hand, and I'll not feel alone. Cry with me, and I'll no longer suffer alone.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich,

Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol

Offline V M

• The Female Clint Eastwood
  • The Butterfly flutter by smile upon you
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 04:59:32 pm »
Hi Bobbi  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M

Offline Bobbie Ann

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 08:09:04 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been lurking on here for the past two years while trying to figure out who I am.
It is partly because of the information I gained from here that I gained the courage to take the first step.
There are some wonderful people on here and I thank every one of you.

Offline meganjames2

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 08:17:09 am »
Hi and welcome. Only lurked for two years eh? I remember visiting Susan's more than 12 years before I finally joined!
I'm glad you've found the site useful,  and we're always here for you. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

"Life is a traveling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." ― D.H. Lawrence

Offline Kendra

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 12:23:11 am »
Hello Bobbie Ann, thank you for joining Susan's and for writing.  I am glad you are scheduled to see a doctor and it sounds like your future is going to be much better.  I wish you the best, and I am looking forward to seeing you achieve things you have needed for so long. 

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, blepharoplasty 2016, HRT July 2017. 

Offline Bobbie Ann

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 07:35:33 pm »
My Doctors appointment is for the 25th of September. I am both excited and scared.

Offline Laurie

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 07:40:55 pm »
My Doctors appointment is for the 25th of September. I am both excited and scared.

Yep, I remember that feeling well. It it what started me posting here on Susan's Place last January. I had an appointment with my GP and I was going to have to tell him I had been taking spirolactone and estradiol for 5 weeks.

You will survive telling your doctor about yourself too.

Hugs,
   Laurie
“Sit with me, and I'll not be alone. Hold my hand, and I'll not feel alone. Cry with me, and I'll no longer suffer alone.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich,

Offline Bobbie Ann

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 08:09:00 pm »
It is the Doctor in Memphis that I'm excited and scared over seeing. She will be my first true legal step to becoming who I truly am.

I already came out to my general practitioner. She was so sweet the way she handled it. You could tell she had never met a MtF Transgender before. The first thing she did was try to find a surgeon and she called me telling me she had no luck and didn't know exactly what to do.
I told her it might be a few years before surgery. So I informed her about a place in Memphis as a starting point. I called them and set up an appointment. The next day she called and said she tried to set up an appointment but that they already had me down to come in. I explained to her I had already set up an appointment and I thanked her for all her trouble.
This sweet lady had no idea what to do and went way above and beyond trying to help me. She was the first one I came out to and I wish all Doctors had just part of her compassion. 

Offline Laurie

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 04:29:31 am »
Hey Bobbie,

It sure does sound like your GP is a peach of a human being. Glad she's your peach. And just think of the learning opportunity you have provided her.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Tags: