Author Topic: Fiance recently came out as trans, mtf  (Read 1521 times)

Online Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
Re: Fiance recently came out as trans, mtf
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 06:03:01 pm »
It would help if your SO would come here and talk with us. Often we can see ourselves in others like us and it helps us understand we are not so different and what others may say applies to us. I can understand some people not wanting to come on the internet but for now I am going to give you two links to pass on that might help. The first is our WIKI that will provide a detail description of the various flavors of being transgender. The second link is “the transition channel” where a gender therapist will help explore your SOs feelings. Many find these links useful when they are in the early stages of exploring their feelings. Feel free to view them together as it can provide an eye opening view of the differences between a transgender and a CIS.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use dena@susans.org only if you are unable to PM
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber

Offline Mariah

• (S) Global Moderator & Chat Moderator plus intersex and Post-OP
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 07:43:22 am »
Bethanyz that unknown is scary and have come to learn that myself with my SO. It's taken them time to come to terms with who they are and what to do about it. I suppose I need to open up with them more on my feelings so I'm glad to see you are with her because that is so important. Lets face it when they come out to us and things become more in focus, even when we know something is up all along, it is still a shock to us no matter how well prepared we are. Yellow Submarine this place is a great place for support. True many of us SO's don't come around, but we are here. Therapists are another huge resource so it's good to hear your going to reach out to one. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
mariah2014@susans.org
I am also spouse of genderfluid person.

Offline PartnerToButchLesbianMTF

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 10:12:02 pm »
He told me on Friday night, my emotions have been all over the place. One minute I'm ok with it, the next I'm grieving for the future loss of my male partner.  I want to support him, but I'm so scared for the future. We have a 1 year old son together, we were (are?) going to be married. There doesn't seem to be much support out there for the partners of trans people.  :-\

I guess I just need someone to talk to sometimes.

Another ciswoman with an MTF girlfriend. She was already two years into transition when we met. You're in good company. Wishing you lots of support during these early days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sarah77

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 03:09:56 pm »
I wish you all the best. If it means anything, from personal experience, many  a transgender woman with a wife or CIS woman partner is only too aware of the impact of coming out.

There is no black or white, just lots of love, compromise and doing what's best for both people in a relationship.

Tags: