Activism and Politics > Activism

'Me Too' campaign

(1/5) > >>

KathyLauren:
I posted a "Me too" status on my Facebook page today.  Here's what it is about:

If all the people who have been sexually harassed or assaulted wrote "Me too" as a status, we might give people a sense of the magnitude of the problem.

You know, it was as hard to do as coming out as trans was.  I had only ever told about five people before.

But I thought it was important.  I am usually seen as someone who has her stuff together.  It is important that people see that *anyone* can be affected by sexual harassment or assault.

Doreen:
It might just be another chain message anticipating mass results for the desire to hack multiple accounts too.. however that being said, I also participated. 

Laurie:

--- Quote from: Doreen on October 16, 2017, 01:47:02 pm ---It might just be another chain message anticipating mass results for the desire to hack multiple accounts too.. however that being said, I also participated.

--- End quote ---

This campaign is not a scam or chain . It was on Good Morning America this morning.. So if it applies to you I would encourage you to participate. It is on all the major news sites too. It's legit.

SailorMars1994:
As A trans-woman I have been whistled at and in one case followed back in July 2016 when I presented as my true form one day.

Devlyn:

--- Quote from: KathyLauren on October 16, 2017, 01:21:29 pm ---I posted a "Me too" status on my Facebook page today.  Here's what it is about:

If all the people who have been sexually harassed or assaulted wrote "Me too" as a status, we might give people a sense of the magnitude of the problem.

You know, it was as hard to do as coming out as trans was.  I had only ever told about five people before.

But I thought it was important.  I am usually seen as someone who has her stuff together.  It is important that people see that *anyone* can be affected by sexual harassment or assault.

--- End quote ---

Me, too.

Hugs, Devlyn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version