Author Topic: The Roll Show! (Filmed Live in Front of a Studio Audience)  (Read 67384 times)

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
Re: The Roll Show! (Filmed Live in Front of a Studio Audience)
« Reply #1380 on: July 19, 2020, 11:43:09 pm »
Hey Ellie:

Always enjoyed watching reruns of the Roll show, from a former lurker. 😹

Thanks for the new season.

Hugs,

Holly

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #1381 on: July 24, 2020, 08:04:04 am »
Hi!

Right now I think if my current treatments don't work out we are probably looking at the glue on hair systems as long as its not just totally bare. Expensive, but... well, it is what it is, and they look really good. Still less than desirable and doesn't really help with my dysphoria unfortunately. :/

I'm right there with you.  Between the high cost of hair transplant surgery (which is way out of reach, unless I win the lottery), and the fact that even if I could afford it, I won't get full coverage with that alone, I'm had to readjust my own expectations more than once.

One thing that has surpsingly helped with managing my dysphoria, though, is going onto YouTube, and watching the wig review videos that a lot of people have posted (incidentally, they're mostly cis women, but what I find that's helpful, is that when they are open about their own hair loss, I don't feel as alone in what I have to deal with....it really can affect anyone). :)
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #1382 on: July 24, 2020, 05:33:24 pm »
Had a DM from Cassi so thought I'd take that as a sign it's time to pop in and say *** HIIIIIIIIII AGAIN ***! (Well, at least to everyone I don't have contact with on Facebook, which feel free to click that little button and add me still~ ;D)

For posterity's sake since I know people actually like having timelines to reference, here's some good ol' fashioned... TRANSITION UPDATES (imagine that as big wavey banner text, too lazy to actually make it that way).

You know, those... yearly... updates... ... ... god... has it been a year...?

... Anyway.

It's been a bit of a mixed bag of late. Lot of frustration still transition wise even at over 2.5 years HRT, though some positive changes in my life in other arenas. I received completely devastating news that I have full blown alopecia, not just androgenetic, and even my hair from the transplant I had 2 years ago is shedding bad. Donor area fading. The whole works. So. Yeah. Currently about to start PRP treatments and was talked into getting a way too expensive laser hat to see if we can't do... something. Hair continues to be my major source of dysphoria and my largest barrier to... life. Just... life. Weight has also persistently been an issue post HRT, and I just can't lose no matter how hard I try. I feel that Spiro is possibly the major culprit, T suppression aside, due to a number of studies, so recently switched to Bicalutamide. Will see what happens. I also did my first injection today switching from oral/sublinguil estradiol. I'm getting desperate and I don't feel my previous generic regimen was working for me. I'm 2.5 years in and still have more body hair than many guys, so... Speaking of that, still struggling with beard as well. 2.5 years of laser. 2.5 years. 30 sessions. Everyone is baffled by my hair, no one can get it to respond to treatment properly, it grows in too many directions and just... doesn't want to die. There is... some good news on that front, they are trying a new laser on me, that I feel like in the past 2 sessions has done more than the previous year combined. Newer type of diode that has multiple frequency hits in one pass. Anyway... HRT stalled hard for me. Everything did. Has... not been great. (If anything, things have gotten worse because of the weight gain.)

I did finally start voice therapy after so long, and feel good about it. I am a natural mimic which has been both a bane and boon. I have the range in all metrics, and while I can copy voices well enough in the moment I can't quite get to my own voice reliably, but it's getting better with practice and I think I've figured out a few key things.

So... non transition front. Well, as of next week I'll be halfway through grad school. Me. The agoraphobic shut-in is about to have a Masters from a major school. More than that, I have a job, two jobs really, with the school. I am a TA in Health Informatics and play an assistant role with the program director working with the course platform. (Though they're technically part time they are still serious work!) There has been some really cool developments all around on that front. In Spring I took a course in Educational Technology which I was allowed to build an online continuing medical education course in Trans/Nonbinary Healthcare. I was then invited (by the program director!) to continue the project in a special topics course and to produce it further for actual conference submission. So this time next month I'll be knee deep in evaluation studies and redesigns. I apparently made enough of an impact in Spring TAing that I was asked to be head TA for a special projects course of our own, working with some seriously cool cutting edge stuff in healthcare technology. And... might have another, full time, honest to god research and development position with that same stuff!! The co-instructor of the course has been helping me get setup on required skills, and I've been working closely with the team there enough almost everyone already knows me. I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but suffice to say... it's... very very big. Particularly for me, again, the agoraphobic shut-in who has never had a real position like that. I've also decided that I'm probably going to go for a PHD. Not 100%, I'm going to talk it over with the aforementioned program director guy I work with soon and proceed from there. But I really want to, and I think I actually can logistically fairly readily, particularly with the job I may get as it's a very neat fit in which I would have it both partially paid for and literally be working with the same things I'd have to research as part of the PHD study. It's... a very weird thought that this is even a real possibility after... well, yet again, the whole agoraphobic shut-in thing.

Anyway...

Ellie,

After you have earned your doctorate you may have the post docs, or in medicine, the residency for certification.  If you were to pick cardiology or endocrinology and some other subspecialties, then you do that area’s fellowship, but first you do a residency in internal medicine. 

Regardless of field, you start with general skills, then specialize, then maybe specialize more.
In theory, if you have a research based doctorate, the instant you defend your research, you are the preeminent expert in that very area you published in.  The earned, rigorous doctorate will provide you with a great base of knowledge and skills to make breakthroughs and to well serve your clients or patients.

My main point is that learning never ends!  I wish you well! 

Keep ROLLing Ellie.  You can do it, set your heights high and persist.  Keep us informed.    :)

Chrissy

@Roll
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #1383 on: August 01, 2020, 06:19:15 pm »
Hi Ellie, welcome back. Congratulations on the job and school news. I'm sorry to hear about the alopecia. My own head is too bald for transplants to ever work. Mostly hats for me.

I know this won't really help your dysphoria about it, but I know a cis woman who is completely bald (and fairly heavy too). She is a professional jazz singer and just looks great. I didn't even notice the bald head (she does usually wear hats). So... Presentation and confidence make a big difference. Think positive.

Hugs, Randy

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #1384 on: December 12, 2020, 07:05:17 am »
Ellie,

We miss your updates!

Chrissy

@Roll
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #1385 on: February 21, 2021, 03:32:28 pm »
Happy birthday Ellie!

:)

Chrissy

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #1386 on: February 21, 2021, 04:13:59 pm »
Dear Roll:
FIRST, before I wish you a Happy Birthday, I want you to know that I miss seeing your posting activity here on the Forums.... you are missed by many of our members.  I hope and trust that all is OK with you.... and that you will come back when your feel comfortable doing so.

All of us here on the Forums are hoping and wishing that you are having a wonderful birthday.

Hopefully your birthday will be filled with happiness, cake with candles,
and with friends and family to help you to celebrate your special day.

On your February 21st birthday please be certain to look at your profile...
...and find a special gift.

Best wishes to you.

Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Tags: