Author Topic: Life is Better as Me, by Jayne  (Read 50265 times)

Offline Jayne01

• Family
Re: Life is Better as Me, by Jayne
« Reply #1300 on: August 19, 2018, 11:29:13 pm »
Hi Jayne,
 I maintain aircraft for a living and my nails really suffer. As soon as I get them to an attractive length I always break one. I haven't been able to find a good nail polish or hardener to offset this. Have you found a good way of dealing with this ? Nitrile gloves don't work.
 Yours truly, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hi Kirsten,

No, other than keeping my nails short, I always break them. I do wear gloves more frequently than I used to in the past. It helps a little but not much with breakages. The gloves help more with preventing my hands from becoming too rough. I use nitrile gloves when working with fluids, other times I wear these type of gloves.

Hugs,
Jayne

Offline Zoe_Kay

• Bigender, Intersex, Joyous Person
  • Neighbor
  • Choose Love
« Reply #1301 on: August 20, 2018, 01:51:18 am »
Y'all are making me wanna paint my nails today!
"To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny." ~ Alan Cohen

Online sarah1972

• News Administrator
« Reply #1302 on: August 20, 2018, 07:45:24 am »
Wow! The color looks really nice and suits your skin tone very well. You could try to get a nail drying fan. In salons, they use a fan to dry nails. Cold air is usually better than hot air. If you are really in a pinch, you could try ice water too (I have done that).

Yes, we girls do need some girly time every now and then.

Chipping nails is a constant struggle, as you mentioned in a later post, HRT really killed my nails too. Delamination and cracking force me to keep my nails fairly short as well. Being very hands-on when it comes to working around the house for sure does not help either and gloves have become a really good friend wherever possible.

Short nails can still look pretty. Also, short nails fit into my soccer mom image much better. Very few of the other soccer moms have perfectly manicured nails, most do not even wear nail polish at all unless for special occasions. Even I did get a bit more into the habit: I paint them before going on a business trip and when they start looking bad, I take off the polish until I either want it again or the next business trip is coming up. Toes are usually painted over the summer. Not much use in doing it over the winter.

Great job on your nails! Your BFF   approves!

Hugs,

Sarah

I was feeling a bit dysphoric last night when I went to bed. And then this morning was kind of bleh! I took care of a few little jobs around the house fixing a leaky tap in the bathroom and then putting away some laundry. I chatted a bit with me BFF and painted my nails while watching tv. Nothing like a bit of girly time to lift my mood. Now I’m hungry but my nails haven’t dried yet, so I need to let them harden before eating.

I’ve had a colour for a while that I hadn’t tried yet, so today was trying out the new colour. I think I like it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Hugs,
Jayne

Offline Faith

« Reply #1303 on: August 20, 2018, 08:06:17 am »
Nice on the nails. I tried a new color as well, no pics though.

Be careful with 'quick-dry' techniques, they do dry to the touch but causes the polish to skin over. It makes it take longer for the layer near the nail to harden. So, it allows you to touch them but they get marred easy for a longer time.

just my 2c to let you know I'm keeping up with this, who is this? ... Where am I? .. oh yeah, Jayne's thread :D

Faith

I am who I am :icon_chick:

Online KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #1304 on: August 20, 2018, 11:09:48 am »
I love the colour, Jayne!

Today, my wife and I were shopping for furniture.  I was wearing sandals and so was the sales lady.  We both had purple sparkly nail polish on our toes.  :D  I complemented her on her choice of colour and showed her mine.  Nice little squeee moment. :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline Steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #1305 on: August 20, 2018, 02:51:13 pm »

Today, my wife and I were shopping for furniture.  I was wearing sandals and so was the sales lady.  We both had purple sparkly nail polish on our toes.  :D  I complemented her on her choice of colour and showed her mine.  Nice little squeee moment. :)

I was going to post this in my own thread but it’s a lot more topical here. I just left the chiropractor. While sitting in the waiting room (or waiting in the sitting room) the lady next to me nudged her husband and said, “She’s got the same blue nail polish I had!” We talked about polish and she noted my toes matched. I wanted to chat more but she got called back. On her way out she smiled and waved and said bye!

Squeee!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #1306 on: August 20, 2018, 03:03:04 pm »

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:
I am certain that interchange with the sale lady was a happy moment for you.   I is so very affirming and  self-confidence building to have those type of chance conversations.
    definitely a  Squeee moment for you.
Thanks for your post that is so encouraging to all that read it.
Hugs,
Danielle
Check out my Personal Threads that have more details about myself (click Links):
   "I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles"
               "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"
                            "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Started HRT March 2015  3½ years ago, it's been an exciting journey
>>> I've been Full Time since December 2016 :icon_chick:
I am 38 years old, Single, and Self Employed in a small town up in the COLD North.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
« Reply #1307 on: August 20, 2018, 03:09:49 pm »
I was going to post this in my own thread but it’s a lot more topical here. I just left the chiropractor. While sitting in the waiting room (or waiting in the sitting room) the lady next to me nudged her husband and said, “She’s got the same blue nail polish I had!” We talked about polish and she noted my toes matched. I wanted to chat more but she got called back. On her way out she smiled and waved and said bye!

Squeee!

Stephanie

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:
It is such an encouragement for all to read of this wonderful experience that you had with a conversation with a stranger!!!!   It is definitely a wonderful and happy feeling for sure.

Even though you didn't say it, I am certain that it was a Squeee moment for you.

Hugs,
Danielle
Check out my Personal Threads that have more details about myself (click Links):

I am 38 years old, Single, and Self Employed in a small town up in the COLD North.

Online Alaskan Danielle

« Reply #1308 on: August 20, 2018, 03:15:16 pm »

As this thread by Jayne continues to be taken over and side-tracked, I have another salient point to make.
As a side note to @Jayne01, Steph2.0, @sarah1972, @KathyLauren, @Faith, @Zoe_Kay, @Kirsteneklund7, and other interested members....

I almost always keep my toenails manicured and polished all year around, even in the winter when I am wearing full coverage shoes and boots....   no one else may be able to see my pretty toenails often... but I can see them and that is what counts.   
   ****Oh, and my dental hygienist sees also them from time to time.. ;) ;) :o

Hugs,
Danielle

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1309 on: August 20, 2018, 03:34:44 pm »

Hugs,
Danielle
Uummmmm......you have teeth on your toes? Why else would a dental hygienist be looking at them?

(Sorry, I just woke up and my brain isn’t fully operational yet!)

Online sarah1972

• News Administrator
« Reply #1310 on: August 20, 2018, 03:36:45 pm »

Hugs,
Danielle
Uummmmm......you have teeth on your toes? Why else would a dental hygienist be looking at them?

(Sorry, I just woke up and my brain isn’t fully operational yet!)

OMG Jayne, now I just peed myself...  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
« Reply #1311 on: August 20, 2018, 03:57:04 pm »

You’re quick, Jayne. I thought exactly the same thing. Warped minds think alike!

Stephanie.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019

Online Alaskan Danielle

« Reply #1312 on: August 21, 2018, 01:53:18 am »
@Jayne01  @sarah1972   @Steph2.0
Dear Jayne, Sarah, Stephanie:
I remember and abide by the rule....   pictures or it didn't happen !!!
Hugs,
Danielle

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #1313 on: August 21, 2018, 05:52:44 am »
Laughed my head off , no pics of my toe nails as took the polish off and its made white patches in the nails ???
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Online KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #1314 on: August 21, 2018, 06:16:47 am »
Hugs,
Danielle

Danielle, you're as bad a tease as Laurie!  Maybe you need some top-of-fridge time, too.  :D

Don't look now, but your flip-flops are on fire!  :o
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline Steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
« Reply #1315 on: August 21, 2018, 06:29:15 am »
Hugs,
Danielle

Uh huh. We all know that’s a stock picture. This is what Dental Hygienist was really interested in:

All together now: EWWWWWWWW!

Online sarah1972

• News Administrator
« Reply #1316 on: August 21, 2018, 09:19:42 am »
@Alaskan Danielle
Awww this is such a romantic picture, Danielle!. I am getting all emotional looking at it (and yes, a few happy tears too). The picture shows such a trusted intimacy.

I assume this sitting by the fire was #4's idea? She has this constant stream of very sweet and romantic gestures, tiny little arrows she shoots towards your heart! She seems to be very determined!

I did have to look through older pictures, I think the red toes are yours and the blue ones belong to the dental hygienist? I love her deep but sparkly blue... you need to find out the name and brand of that color for me ;D

If this would be your thread, I would say she is a keeper...

Hugs,

Sarah

Hugs,
Danielle

Offline Karen

• Karen
  • Friend
« Reply #1317 on: August 21, 2018, 11:03:34 am »
Love the sandals and painted toes....and yes you are on fire!

So fun, and jealous. 

Karen
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT

Online Alaskan Danielle

« Reply #1318 on: August 22, 2018, 01:42:05 am »
@Alaskan Danielle
Awww this is such a romantic picture, Danielle!. I am getting all emotional looking at it (and yes, a few happy tears too). The picture shows such a trusted intimacy.

I assume this sitting by the fire was #4's idea? She has this constant stream of very sweet and romantic gestures, tiny little arrows she shoots towards your heart! She seems to be very determined!

I did have to look through older pictures, I think the red toes are yours and the blue ones belong to the dental hygienist? I love her deep but sparkly blue... you need to find out the name and brand of that color for me ;D

If this would be your thread, I would say she is a keeper...

Hugs,

Sarah

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
You know me too well!!!
Yes the red toe nails are mine and the blue is #4 ... and we were at her home having a hot dog roast and we made smores late into the night....  yes again, her idea.

Thanks for your very astute observations!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

Online Alaskan Danielle

« Reply #1319 on: August 22, 2018, 01:44:24 am »
Uh huh. We all know that’s a stock picture. This is what Dental Hygienist was really interested in:

All together now: EWWWWWWWW!

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie....   "ewwwwwww" is right!!!  I will have to show that picture to #4 ....
....she will get a kick out of it for sure.
Thank you for your posting....
Hugs,
Danielle

Tags: